The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

Just now, Templeton Peck said:

Do I change the thread title to "Not Going To Play Edition" now, or...

I think if they were going to suspend tomorrow’s games they would have announced it tonight.

I have a feeling they’ll suspend the season after tomorrow nights games.

• Cheers 1

Hopefully it is a short term suspension not a canceled season. I still would like to see this season play itself out at some point. Tough for all the parties involve, the league, owners, management, players and fans included. We are all very disappointed, but we should understand the health and safety of human beings come first Nothing we can do about it.

• Cheers 1

Not sure there would be a real difference in suspending and a cancellation, if they suspend the season it'll be til next season. Unless there is a cure found in the next few weeks which seems unlikely. Season is pretty close to over already. Will be interesting to see how this effects the cap.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think if they were going to suspend tomorrow’s games they would have announced it tonight.

I think so too.  And I think if and when the games resume the season would be shortened to 72 or so games.  Playoff positions would be based on the standings at that time.  The playoffs could involve fewer teams and go fewer rounds depending on when games resume.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t the league has a choice. It’s unsafe for players to travel. Shutdown take a break and reassess. 

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

We are living in a world where coronavirus could decide whether the Canucks make the playoffs (and also whether they get to keep their 2020 first round pick):

They couldn’t do that without allowing every team to reach the same amount of games played.

15 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

That was my first thought, as well.

I'd personally propose using points percentage as the standings determiner, but that's just me.

Owners would never go for that.

You can’t just spring a new format like that on teams.

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They called off tonights NBA game a few minutes before tip off.