The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Im wondering whether Ferland plays at all. We'll see where he's at the next 2 weeks leading to the exhibition against Winnipeg. If he doesn't play in that game I can't imagine they'd thrown him into the playoffs unless they had too. 

Yah I'd agree... At least MacEwen is there, hungry and has played well.  I'm not feeling confident having Roussel being our main agitator/deterrent for the games going forward.

At this point... If Ferland can make it back healthy playing, thats a major bonus.  

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Yah I'd agree... At least MacEwen is there, hungry and has played well.  I'm not feeling confident having Roussel being our main agitator/deterrent for the games going forward.

At this point... If Ferland can make it back healthy playing, thats a major bonus.  

Really hoping Ferland can come back, if not this season for the start of next season.

The other thing is we do have a glut of forwards right now for the bottom 6. There's not even room for MacEwen to get in the lineup, which is unfortunate as he can potentially chip in with some goals unlike Beagle/Eriksson/Motte. (5 in 17 games - it's a small sample but 20+ pace). 

17 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Im wondering whether Ferland plays at all. We'll see where he's at the next 2 weeks leading to the exhibition against Winnipeg. If he doesn't play in that game I can't imagine they'd thrown him into the playoffs unless they had too. 

Doesn't seem like it's concussion related.  Perhaps just showing symptoms and is out for pre-cautionary purposes.........seems to be the story around the league

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Really hoping Ferland can come back, if not this season for the start of next season.

The other thing is we do have a glut of forwards right now for the bottom 6. There's not even room for MacEwen to get in the lineup, which is unfortunate as he can potentially chip in with some goals unlike Beagle/Eriksson/Motte. (5 in 17 games - it's a small sample but 20+ pace). 

Well due to the Ferland situation, we don't really have another player that could fill his shoes... Closest would be MacEwen... And he's hungry, can skate from what I've read and heard, he's well liked by his teammates and has that character that says 'I won't be denied'.  I really won't be surprised, that if he's given the opportunity he'll really leave a mark in these playoffs.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Honestly, my guess is he's nowhere near game shape.  If he can return to play, it's probably going to awhile.   

• Cheers 1