The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 02, 2020 | Wild lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Game comments

• Marky should of had the first two
  • Bench penalties (too many men) should not be occurring at this point in the season.
  • get Bo playing with one of the better players.  He is borderline ineffective playing with average players but performs better with at least one good winger.
  • I would shuffle one player around on each of the top 3 lines as all of the lines had no chemistry last night.  Nothing to lose at this point
  • get Sutter out maybe even beagle or gaudette
  • Give Jake and Zac a chance to infuse some youthful energy on the 3rd/4th lines.
  • get a new announcer that is not an ex CBC Toronto Football announcer.

I agree with most of what you said, but Pearson and Bo were very good all season and have great chemistry, now they’ve added Boeser to that line so it’s not lacking in skilled wingers. They just need to dig down and produce, but that goes for the entire team IMO

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

They run the risk of having a regular season team. You need warriors in the playoffs and guys that bear down.

Petey's gotta learn. So does Bo. And that's ok. If they don't, change er up.

These guys like Spurgeon, Stall, Fialia, Flamingo or whatever....Sutter. Warriors.

Toronto...I hate to say it same issue. They'll learn.

Pettersson was fine I thought. He battled hard. Toffoli the seasoned vet did nothing to help Petey out. Miller tried but looked slow and rusty. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Pettersson was fine I thought. He battled hard. Toffoli the seasoned vet did nothing to help Petey out. Miller tried but looked slow and rusty. 

Yea you are right Petey battled but other guys have to create space for him.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea you are right Petey battled but other guys have to create space for him.  

I think adding Ferland to that line could give them the jump and time and space they need.

Ferland Miller Pettersson

Toffoli Horvat Boeser

Pearson Gaudette Roussel

(Preferably Virtanen)/Sutter Beagle Motte

Just realizing now how Center heavy this team is. 

Edited by Petey40

5 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Minnie was allowed to slow up our players and break up our cycle. I have no problem with that except I have watched other series and noticed that other speedier teams are not being hampered in the same way. In some series, if you take your hand off of your stick and grab a player "that's a penalty every time" according to the color commentator. Obviously what you call and what you let go can affect the outcome of a game. There should be consistency league wide let alone within a single game. I'm not seeing that.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Minnie was allowed to slow up our players and break up our cycle. I have no problem with that except I have watched other series and noticed that other speedier teams are not being hampered in the same way. In some series, if you take your hand off of your stick and grab a player "that's a penalty every time" according to the color commentator. Obviously what you call and what you let go can affect the outcome of a game. There should be consistency league wide let alone within a single game. I'm not seeing that.

2 words:

Kelly Sutherland

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

There were a few iffy non calls I remember from last night. Specifically with Petey, where there was a lot of obstruction and interference. Having said that, the Canucks as a whole didn’t play that well last night. You gotta skate hard and drive to get calls. 

6 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

There were a few iffy non calls I remember from last night. Specifically with Petey, where there was a lot of obstruction and interference. Having said that, the Canucks as a whole didn’t play that well last night. You gotta skate hard and drive to get calls. 

I’d agree. The compete level was pretty good, but we didn’t push hard enough.

Not much room for error now. If we lose Tuesday, we’ll be put on the brink of elimination. 

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Petterson absolutely battled. He took $&!# all night and kept going back for more like Daniel or Henrik.

And had the best corsi on the team.  Our veterans should be ashamed. Petey is not a proble.. 

The non calls would have been fine if The Wild didn't get these power plays on iffy penalties. The ref didn't even seen the Edler trip, he was on the other side of the net, and he just puts his hand up cause he sees The Wild player fall down. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

And had the best corsi on the team.  Our veterans should be ashamed. Petey is not a proble.. 

Petey and Brock are the least of our problems right now. Both looked fine out there for their first taste of “playoff” competition. I’m worried about Toffoli, Miller, Pearson and Roussel. Those guys all looked slow and rusty. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1