The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I highly doubt Bieksa will get anything. I've never heard of a player being suspended for a 10 minute misconduct penalty. On the other hand I'll be quite surprised if Burrows isn't suspended as it's his second head shot this season. Three games last time means five is a real possibility this time. Repeat offender.

The questionable headshot he threw in the first period is what might get him suspended, the 10 minute misconduct has nothing to do with it.

I highly doubt Bieksa will get anything. I've never heard of a player being suspended for a 10 minute misconduct penalty. On the other hand I'll be quite surprised if Burrows isn't suspended as it's his second head shot this season. Three games last time means five is a real possibility this time. Repeat offender.

Lol Burrows hit a head shot but Getzlaf on Hamhuis wasn't. Please you are friggen delusional. I bet you think Byfuglien on Miller was a love tap right?

Lol Burrows hit a head shot but Getzlaf on Hamhuis wasn't. Please you are friggen delusional. I bet you think Byfuglien on Miller was a love tap right?

No it wasn't and Hamhuis turned his back to the hit. Helps if you understand the rules. But that's been beaten to death.

No it wasn't and Hamhuis turned his back to the hit. Helps if you understand the rules. But that's been beaten to death.

Nah you're out to lunch as usual. Just because you're stubborn doesn't mean you're right. Did JT Miller "turn his back" too as that is your go to cop out.

I understand the rules so shut that arguement down. The problem with the rules is there's too much grey area for the NHL to adjust to make room for their current agenda. Unfortunately Head office ass kissers such as yourself parrot the NHL's views as gospel no matter how wrong they are.

• Upvote 1

Nah you're out to lunch as usual. Just because you're stubborn doesn't mean you're right. Did JT Miller "turn his back" too as that is your go to cop out.

I understand the rules so shut that arguement down. The problem with the rules is there's too much grey area for the NHL to adjust to make room for their current agenda. Unfortunately Head office ass kissers such as yourself parrot the NHL's views as gospel no matter how wrong they are.

If you knew the rules you'd know turning your back to a hit negates the hitters responsibility. Getzlaf did everything correct in delivering a clean hit. Tucked the elbow in and dropped the shoulder. Hamhuis made the mistake of turning his back to an impending hit. There's no gray area there at all. Seems AV agrees......

And he has no one to blame but himself, head coach Alain Vigneault said Friday. The Canucks head coach weighed in on the ongoing debate about whether Ryan Getzlaf’s hit Wednesday night was clean or not.

“I thought it was a good hit by a big player,” Vigneault said. “(Hamhuis) was watching his pass and he should have been trying to protect himself a little bit.

“Some guys finish hits, some guys don’t. If Hank or Danny are coming at you, maybe you can watch your pass.

“If Getzlaf is coming at you, you’ve got to have your head up.”

Hamhuis is feeling head pressure and, as everyone has seen with Sidney Crosby, there is no way to predict when he may be back in the lineup.

Vigneault spoke with Hamhuis, who told him he didn’t think Getzlaf was coming that hard. It’s possible his vision was momentarily blocked by the net, which was between him and the Ducks forward.

Initial replays showed Getzlaf’s skates leaving the ice, but he didn’t get air until he followed through on the hit.

Hamhuis saw Getzlaf initially as he first went to get a puck off the end boards. But when he pushed the puck up the ice, he turned and watched it, leaving him in a vulnerable position.

Because Hamhuis turned at the last second, Getzlaf ended up hitting him in the back.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/02/11/av-getzlaf-hit-was-clean-hamhuis-has-a-concussion/

Btw you may want to watch the personal attacks. There may be another suspension.

Kiss that.

• Upvote 2

I don't think Burrows would intentionally throw that hit so late in the game. Not this close to the end of the season, where every minute counts. He's not an idiot

I don't think there's much doubt he did it intentionally. Even Homer Garrett said there wasn't much doubt. I just don't think he intended to catch him in the head like that.

• Upvote 2

It was a collision, because Gaustad didn't see him. How much more clear could that be? Burrows never changed his line, why should he? And yes, Burrows probably thought he'd get away with a little interference just because Gaustad ran into him and the opportunity was there. That's not "idiotic". He had to brace himself at the very least. He never expected Gaustad to drop like turd to the ice.

Your post was idiotic though, but thats just you

Good comeback Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 2

You seem very overly hostile for no reason at all

So is there going to be a suspension for Bieksa and burrows????

I still haven't seen an angle that shows Bieksa contacting the head of Stalberg. (Could those two still have a running feud from VS' Chicago days?)

Burrows will almost certainly be suspended.

The Canucks last night were embarrassing. Undisciplined penalties all over the place. I still don't believe Juice contacted Stalberg's head, but it was unnecessary and it was dumb. He put the zebra in a position to make a call and he did.

The hit by Burrows, Bieksa chirping Gaustad, Kenins' antics at the end of the second...just so many dumb penalties...

I'm glad they won, but they probably won't win many others if they continue to be that undisciplined.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Burr admitted in his post-game interview that he intended to "chip" Gaustad and when I look at the video from the angle I've seen that's exactly what it looks like.

Burr is actually skating away from Gaustad when they make contact so I don't think it's intentional targeting of the head. Did Burr hit Gaustad's head? Sort of looks like his shoulder pad slides off of Gaustad's shoulder and then hits the head, but I can't tell for sure.

But the ref called it a major and a game, which in the rulebook is what can be called for a blind-side hit to the head, so it will be reviewed by the league.

Given Burr has no slack with the league and is a repeat offender, he'll likely get a couple of games. Seems ridiculous given some of the head shots that have gone unpenalized this year, but it is what it is.

I might have Alex Burrows on the list of vets who might be moved in the off season but it will still be a very sad day in Canuckland if it happens. Not many Canucks over time who have been more clutch performers than Burrows. He absolutely has one of the best hockey minds on the Canuck roster. He plays a complete 200' game and excels on either side of the puck. Again, against the Preds, he was the best Canuck on the ice.

Burr admitted in his post-game interview that he intended to "chip" Gaustad and when I look at the video from the angle I've seen that's exactly what it looks like.

Burr is actually skating away from Gaustad when they make contact so I don't think it's intentional targeting of the head. Did Burr hit Gaustad's head? Sort of looks like his shoulder pad slides off of Gaustad's shoulder and then hits the head, but I can't tell for sure.

But the ref called it a major and a game, which in the rulebook is what can be called for a blind-side hit to the head, so it will be reviewed by the league.

Given Burr has no slack with the league and is a repeat offender, he'll likely get a couple of games. Seems ridiculous given some of the head shots that have gone unpenalized this year, but it is what it is.

I think you misheard what he said.

From the post game interview posted at CDC, what he actually said was: "I was trying to come in support as the off side winger. Kevin there I think it was him. For a chip or something. Thought we collided more than anything but you never want to see someone go down."

He later went on to say that he braced himself when asked about Gaustad veering into him. He never said he went for any kind of contact.

I might have Alex Burrows on the list of vets who might be moved in the off season but it will still be a very sad day in Canuckland if it happens. Not many Canucks over time who have been more clutch performers than Burrows. He absolutely has one of the best hockey minds on the Canuck roster. He plays a complete 200' game and excels on either side of the puck. Again, against the Preds, he was the best Canuck on the ice.

It's nice that he finally decided to show up on the score sheet for a game in March. No matter how you slice it production-wise, the guy had a brutal month and has had a mediocre season. I don't deny the intangibles he brings to the lineup, but I expect production from him.

No suspension to Burrows, Divestaud turned into him his responsibility.

6/10 on the dive wasn't very believable.