The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 2018-03-08 at 11:54 AM, 73 Percent said:

Do we draft pettersson if we don't trade burrows for dahlin?

Linden said they've been talking about Pettersson since January in meetings, a month or so before Burr got traded. 

Edited by J-23

On 2018-04-05 at 3:16 AM, J-23 said:

Linden said they've been talking about Pettersson since January in meetings, a month or so before Burr got traded. 

You bet.  Dahlen is Pettersson's best bud, and trading for him part of some master plan....I like Bennings' response when he infers that he would have used the first overall to draft Pettersson in a redo.  It appears there is quite a bit of strategy behind the scenes to make Pettersson comfortable, and set him up with his friend at some point in the future.  Dahlens no slouch either, who knows how his play will translate, but you can guarantee that if they are on the same line that there will be both some inside competition between the two as well as a drive to make each other better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Hate to say it but I think it is time to let this one go, Burrows was a good player for us a fan favorite no question there, but it's been over a year now it's time to move on, personally I think a Sedins thread deserves to be pinned up here more than Burrows one now.

It's taken on a life of it's own, Chuck. We are merely witnesses to the massivity of it. And yes I just made up the word massivity. (Copyright PhillipBlunt Inc. 2018. All rights reserved)

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's taken on a life of it's own, Chuck. We are merely witnesses to the massivity of it. And yes I just made up the word massivity. (Copyright PhillipBlunt Inc. 2018. All rights reserved)

Sorry to kill your copyright but...

the extent of the mass in an object

Andy never ceases to be amazed by the massivity of the equipment Dave orders.
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:
Sorry to kill your copyright but...

the extent of the mass in an object

Andy never ceases to be amazed by the massivity of the equipment Dave orders.

Son of a....!

I put way too much trust into spellcheck being an indicator of whether a word exists or not.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Hate to say it but I think it is time to let this one go, Burrows was a good player for us a fan favorite no question there, but it's been over a year now it's time to move on, personally I think a Sedins thread deserves to be pinned up here more than Burrows one now.

I am allergic to closing or unpinning this, so can't be the one to ever do it.....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I am allergic to closing or unpinning this, so can't be the one to ever do it.....

Lol good answer Deb, I knew for a fact you wouldn't want to here my opinion on it sorry, but also didn't expect you to be the one to ever unpin it anyways wouldn't put that pressure on you. If it doesn't come down oh well, but I believe a Sedin one DESERVES to be up there as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not sure why some people would be upset about thread anyways?

If no one responds, it will die a natural death like countless others

I think that maybe you may have closed some of their threads Deb and some want payback?

The ones that complain, just prolong it, 

After Burrows retires and comes back for the ring of honor ceremony here, the thread will just retire on its own

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2018-04-20 at 8:05 AM, yes we can nucks said:

Now, more than ever.

We need a player who can be a shining example to the youngsters of hard work, determination, skill, leadership, abrasiveness, pain in the ass-ness ... and oh yeah, humour!

And loyalty ... few were ever as loyal to the team and city 

3 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

You know a thread needs to die when he last fifteen pages over the stretch of theee months I’d post by post talking about the thread dying.

I fully agree. Not only is this thread an embarrassment the makes Canucks fans look like we're stuck in the past, but it conflicts with this board's own rules, given Burrows played for another team for the past year before retiring. Yet the mods turn a blind eye like it was a Sharks vs. Canucks playoff game. For the first half year beyond Burrows' Canuck departure it was tolerable, but it stays pinned, bumping out legitimate and relevant topics from the first page.

Not dissing Burrows, he was great. But this thread now sits atop the page like a mod's own personal abuse of power, slowly tarnishing the original beauty that this thread contained. I mean, the Sedins meant just as much to this organization, they *just* retired as Canucks and there are currently no first page threads on them. It's time to move forward and get excited about the current roster.

• Upvote 3