The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 2/20/2018 at 7:33 PM, Roberts said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20081006080945/http://forum.canucks.com:80/index.php?showtopic=211587

Here's what this looked like 3 days after it was originally posted.

Not trying to derail the topic... It's funny I decided to click on a random link on the upper left corner to one of the NHL teams. I clicked on Atlanta... Wow.. talk about old school layout and reading some of the headlines, and holy clip art images of doom!!  And Season tickets start low as $10 per game! Oh and you can call the hotline number to purchase your own ticket! 

6 minutes ago, fourtwentyfour said:

Should we claim him haha. I'd love me some burr again haha.

I might say yes if he didn't have that next expensive year of his contract coming up.  If this were the last year on his deal, with it being clear it's over at the end of the season, yeah I'd bring him back and let him finish out the stretch with some dignity in front of his longtime fans.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

4 hours ago, fourtwentyfour said:

Should we claim him haha. I'd love me some burr again haha.

Claim him on the condition that he retires at the end of the season. Win win, Burrows gets to retire a Canuck, fans get to see him retire as a Canuck, it costs the team next to nothing at a time when they are not in contention anyways. 

Also gives him the chance to end his NHL career with pride instead of being buried and forgotten in the minors at the end.

Edited by nucksnavsfan
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Claim him on the condition that he retires at the end of the season. Win win, Burrows gets to retire a Canuck, fans get to see him retire as a Canuck, it costs the team next to nothing at a time when they are not in contention anyways. 

Also gives him the chance to end his NHL career with pride instead of being buried and forgotten in the minors at the end.

why would he do that

if he retires he does not get the last 2.5 million owing to him

sentiment is great . but that is a big chunk of change

he can just stay where he is and ottawa will pay out his contract eventually or perhaps buy him out at 2/3 rate

Edited by coastal.view