The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

another thing that occurred to me was this episode was another good example of what happens when Danny follows other peoples advice, it always goes badly. She needs to follow her own lead.

Reveal hidden contents

Going in too soon, e.g. she loses another dragon. But when she get's po'd and follows her own lead she can fly straight into a swarm of arrows and survive.

Was it not her that wanted to leave immediately following the battle of the dead? She was advised to stay in Winterfell to let her army heal but instead rushed out the door.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Was it not her that wanted to leave immediately following the battle of the dead? She was advised to stay in Winterfell to let her army heal but instead rushed out the door.

i thought it was more of a group think thing, she wanted to go there and torch the place but listened to the committee instead. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

2 years to make this season with unlimited budget. This is the product lol

Did Woody Allen direct the episode?

"Did we get the shot? Good. Next scene."

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I knew something was afoot with Daenarys flying her dragons over the sea approaching the iron islands with the triumphant soundtrack in the background. Just as I thought to myself "a dragon is going to die here" the arrow pierced Rhaegal and down he went. They did a good job on the death scenes of both Missandei and Rhaegal. I thought Cersei was going to fill Tyrion with arrows and/OR Tyrion was going to tell everyone listening that Jon Snow was Aegon Targaeryon.

But as mentioned above, how did she not see them. If the projectile can hit the dragon, the dragon can see the ships, especially from a few hundred feet in the air. Not to mention that the Iron Islands have sworn allegiance to Dany - How did they not notice the Iron Fleet and sound the alarm as they approached. And all of what, 20 unsullied, Tyrion and Varys made the beach?

There were some lazy aspects to that episode but all in all I liked it. Dany has to attack the King's Landing dragon defence ballistas on the wall under the cover of night. That's my strategy. Also, Varys has to use his 'little birdies' to plant the Aegon seed throughout the realm.

Iron Islands? I think you're on the wrong side of Westeros....that was Dragonstone they were approaching.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

One thing that's got me wondering: Twice now, Euron has caught our heroes with their pants down. How does he know when and where Danys ships are going to be? Seems like there's a spy in her midst.

He is a green seer.  Euron "Crowseye" Greyjoy.  Dunno if you have read the books or not?  The 3 eyed raven had his sights set on Euron back when he was little, but the visions shown to him made him aggressive, angry, and crazy.  And he went the Ashai instead of North.  So instead, the 3 eyed raven set his sights on Bran and the Reed kids.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

He is a green seer.  Euron "Crowseye" Greyjoy.  Dunno if you have read the books or not?  The 3 eyed raven had his sights set on Euron back when he was little, but the visions shown to him made him aggressive, angry, and crazy.  And he went the Ashai instead of North.  So instead, the 3 eyed raven set his sights on Bran and the Reed kids.

Yeah, I knew he had some "powers" in the books, but I don't recall that being mentioned in the TV series.

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

2 years to make this season with unlimited budget. This is the product lol

Yea it’s been piss poor. Supposedly the main portion of the budget was for ep3 and they couldn’t even get the lighting right for it :lol:

...to add on to the show being underwhelming since HBO writers took over - there’s no plot anymore. It’s what made it great and there’s legit no story anymore. 

I for one am actually glad there’s only 2 more episodes left. Why shouldn’t anyone or me be with how the season’s been so far. Ngl pretty pathetic.

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

If Dany wants to easily win, all she has to do is wait for a moonless night and attack solo with her dragon.

Instead, it will be in broad daylight.

Most likely. The other thought I had was that she could fly high enough to be out of range for the Scorpions and dive straight down on the middle of Kings Landing. From what I could tell, even if the Scorpions could be rotated 180 degrees, that would leave the operator standing in mid air....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One thing that's got me wondering: Twice now, Euron has caught our heroes with their pants down. How does he know when and where Danys ships are going to be? Seems like there's a spy in her midst.

Tyrion:  Well, we're headed to King's Landing Bran, anything we should know?

Bran: This is the same wheelchair design from 200 years ago that the Targaryans used.

Tyrion: Oh...  Ok, then.

Seems like Euron has a dragontracker app or Cersei/Qyburns little birds/spiders/whatever are as advertise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Yeah, but the show has never established Euron as having any abilities beyond psychopathy and luck.

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Most likely. The other thought I had was that she could fly high enough to be out of range for the Scorpions and dive straight down on the middle of Kings Landing. From what I could tell, even if the Scorpions could be rotated 180 degrees, that would leave the operator standing in mid air....

Or use a simple military tactic like ANY type of siege.  With all those "civilians" in there (Cercei showing off that she's "protecting them") + large army = lots of mouths to feed.  Just wait them out.  But nah, that would be too logical.

well the great battle was a great disappointment..! From start to finish it was terribly written. The undead were destroying the living like crazy pushing through 100s a men as if it were a hot knife in butter.... But when they breach the castle, a small group of men that never seems to get smaller can hold them off for 25 mins well we watch a game of hide and seek.. 

Edited by kurtis