The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Ruff didn't make the playoffs last year and he's not going to make the playoffs this year.

So moot point.

If Cody's legs were just a little longer, he would definitely be a a star, but he doesn't have the ability to rush the puck up the ice, and he doesn't have a twin brother with insane chemistry to make up for his slowness.

I think he tops out as a 2nd line center but I'm not sure if he's ready to be one yet.

like I said with Hodgson- I would put schroeder on the second line between booth and kesler and let him feed passes all day. with kesler on the ice, i would not be so worried about a defensive matchup. Gillis and Veigneault cried about how Hodgson was a defensive liability, I don't get that- look at teams like Philly-put couturier up against crosby last year, had schenn playing big minutes in the playoffs- what do we do- we trade away our only good young player before the playoffs because we are falsely concerned he'll get eaten alive.

Gillis' first year here was great and then he started to make really poor decisions- him and veignealt need to give young guys a chance-Jensen, Kassian, Schroeder need a chance- they wont be perfect everygame but how else will you develop your young players?

why would you put Schroder on the 2nd line when Kesler was very good for us on the 2nd line? I don't get CDC sometimes.

I said this before at the end of last year when the King dominated us and AV was once again a statue on the bench and did nothing.

and got flamed, some agreed but the majority did, glad other's are seeing this now too, although at this point I just want to win, if AV costs us in the playoffs no chance he is back, this could be our best chance at the cup with the extra gas we will have in tank for the playoffs (Maybe besides 2011)

TO his credit he did say he didn't prepare the team well enough...and was expecting Daniel back a lot sooner...lesson learnt. HOPEFULLY.

If Cody's legs were just a little longer, he would definitely be a a star, but he doesn't have the ability to rush the puck up the ice, and he doesn't have a twin brother with insane chemistry to make up for his slowness.

I think he tops out as a 2nd line center but I'm not sure if he's ready to be one yet.

Haha funny thing is I was literally the first to say this on this board on the Cody Hodgson thread and some others thought it was ridiculous.

Glad that others see it too. His legs are unproportionately short.

Haha funny thing is I was literally the first to say this on this board on the Cody Hodgson thread and some others thought it was ridiculous.

Glad that others see it too. His legs are unproportionately short.

It's pretty obvious, I could tell on his draft day that he was a stocky guy. He has short arms and short legs, but he attempts to make up for it with hockey sense and skill.

Can someone confirm Jordon Schroeder is he is 5'9 and 175 cm...is it possible he could have grown and info is outdated

It's more probable that he is shorter than that. Most short players will have an inch or two added as their listed height.

I still think it'll be Ebbett that will eventually slot in as the 2nd line center.

Can someone confirm Jordon Schroeder is he is 5'9 and 175 cm...is it possible he could have grown and info is outdated

I met Schroeder and last year, he was the same height as I, which is 5'8ish. At the combine he measured in at 5'8.25, which I believe is the most accurate measurement. He is not 5'9, IMO. I would not be surprised if he added weight to that number. He is surely a thick man.

He's not 5'9. I took a picture with him, and i'm only 5'8. I'm easily at least a full inch taller then him. If he's 5'8.5 then i'm 5'10, which i'm not.

Not that it really matters at this point. If he's good enough they will give him a chance at playing.

http://vansunsportsb...d-booths-groin/

Why Jordan Schroeder should fear David Booth’s groin

“Wait, what does that headline say?”

On Monday, Canuck nation got some bad news, as David Booth missed the second day of the abbreviated post-lockout training camp with a sore groin. Tuesday, the news regarding Booth’s groin got even more grim: not unlike an elusive Albertan mountain goat, Booth killed it. He’ll be out 4-6 weeks with a strained groin.

Thus, if you were already somewhat disillusioned to learn that Andrew Ebbett and Jordan Schroeder would be battling it out to see who centred Mason Raymond and David Booth in the absence of a rehabilitating Ryan Kesler, consider that they’re now battling to see who centres Mason Raymond and… someone.

And frankly, while Booth’s strained groin was bad news for the entire Canucks organization and their fans, I’d argue that it was especially bad for Jordan Schroeder’s chances to win that battle.

One of the reasons that the Canucks might have been comfortable handing the second-line centre job to the inexperienced Schroeder is that he would have been playing between two veterans in Booth and Raymond — veterans who have shown an ability to drive possession into the offensive zone and get back on defence, at that. They’re players that Alain Vigneault trusts to work with a rookie centre as he tries to find his bearings at the highest level.

But Booth’s injury scuttles that plan. His empty spot on the second line will go to one of Jannik Hansen, Chris Higgins, and Zack Kassian, but the Canucks seem set on playing Higgins and Hansen on the third line with Maxim Lapierre. That means that Kassian will likely get the first chance on that second line, and if that’s the case, expect Vigneault to be a lot less comfortable handing the middle of the ice to a youngster when the right side of the ice features a similarly raw player. Alain Vigneault may not be the young-player-hater some claim (he doesn’t hate the player, he hates the game, defence-wise), but I doubt that he’d ice a line of two untested saplings unless he absolutely had to. Vigneault treats his young players like dogwoods; they need the shade of larger, older trees to grow.

He’s already gone on record as saying that he won’t be experimenting as much in this shortened season as in seasons past, and for Alain Vigneault, icing two rookies in his top six on opening night is akin to trying to assemble a human centipede.

That in mind, David Booth’s strained groin may signal the end of Jordan Schroeder’s bid to open the season in Vancouver. If Zack Kassian is on the second line come opening night, expect Andrew Ebbett, who has already shown the ability to drive possession in the right direction and who has NHL experience as a second-line center, to be lining up next to him.

<p><p>

Hmm, I'm just not really a fan of Ebbett, I'd rather have Schroeders speed and better offensive skills

What if they tried something like

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malholtra-Weise

its yet to be seen if kassian has the ability to be up there but i like the look of the lines as you have them.  i hope kass gets that shot.  Ebbett did have some clutch goals last season if you remember, and more assists than schroeder this season with the wolves.  If Ebbett can move the puck and mayray can find some open ice i think that would be a serviceable 2nd line.  either:

raymond-ebbett-kassian

or

raymond-ebbett-burrows

if they aren't scoring, put schroeder in to see if there is a spark.  i want schroeder to play and all but ebbett has the experience p>

In my opinion, I still think Jordan has a shot.

Ebbett's advantage is that he's played for us in this role before so he understands the system better than Jordan. Also, he's familiar with the guys, which means he has more chemistry and will gel better. The biggest advantage Ebbett has is the shortened season, which makes AV less inclined to try new things = Schroeder.

The thing Jordan has to his advantage is that he is young and has better potential to produce offensively. Also, if Kassian is moved to the 2nd line, he's familiar with at least one of his wingers, meaning he'll also have some chemistry.

Keep in mind that in the exit meeting, AV told Jordan that he deserved a call up last season. I think that shows he has some faith in Jordan's overall game.

What Jordan needs to do IMO is show that he can play as good as Ebbett defensively. If all things show to be equal, I think AV may give the nod to Jordan. If it's unsure, I think he'll go with the safe pick in Ebbett, but don't be surprised if AV pulls him for Jordan if he doesn't produce offense and we are struggling to score.

Archived