The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

PP units were a focus today at camp. 1st unit had Hansen with the Sedins and Elder/Garrison on the point. 2nd unit had Higgins with Schroeder and Burrows, with Bieksa and Hamhuis on the point. Looks like Schroeder is getting his shot!

Good. Schroeder's playmaking abilities are likely to shine through on the powerplay.

How did the first powerplay unit look?

Was not impressed with Schroeder. Couldn't make a play to save his life. Ebbet look so much more poised and experienced...

You're clearly trolling. Schroeder had 2 assists tonight while Ebbett couldn't make a play to save his life. Schroeder looked fast and read plays well all night. Even in his own zone, Schroeder wasn't a liability. Some beautiful tape to tape passes from Schroeder, that one in particular with Raymond going to the net is like threading the needle.

OK guys, I re-watched the highlights. I was clearly smoking something very strong last night.

Schroeder made some friggin' sweet passes. Could have had another assist on that bang-bang play where Raymond missed the net. That was a beautiful play btw.

I'm loving the chemistry on that line. Having Kassian floating around gives the defending team always something to worry about. As long as he drives to the net and creates havoc they will put up points.

Any since when did Raymond become better than average?? LOL

My only bark against Schroeder was his lack of success in the faceoff dot in the past two intersquad games.

I know facing the likes of Manny Malhotra (one of the best faceoff players in the NHL) and Henrik Sedin (Elite center in the NHL) but cmon. Schroeder even lost to Anton Rodin several times who isn't even a natural center. Schroeder will need to work on that cause if he is going to be taking draws on the second line we need to count on him to win those. Often I saw him lose one in the offensive zone where I assume he will be taking them, he lost the posession too many times. If you watch that line didn't usually sustain offensive pressure but had to gain control in their own end first.

I love Schroeder, he had a very good offensive game yesterday and really showed some promise, but he needs to work on the faceoffs if he expects to hang around. But something he has an edge over many is that he has great vision, and ability to place the puck on players sticks. His saucer passes are ridiculous.

My only bark against Schroeder was his lack of success in the faceoff dot in the past two intersquad games.

I know facing the likes of Manny Malhotra (one of the best faceoff players in the NHL) and Henrik Sedin (Elite center in the NHL) but cmon. Schroeder even lost to Anton Rodin several times who isn't even a natural center. Schroeder will need to work on that cause if he is going to be taking draws on the second line we need to count on him to win those. Often I saw him lose one in the offensive zone where I assume he will be taking them, he lost the posession too many times. If you watch that line didn't usually sustain offensive pressure but had to gain control in their own end first.

I love Schroeder, he had a very good offensive game yesterday and really showed some promise, but he needs to work on the faceoffs if he expects to hang around. But something he has an edge over many is that he has great vision, and ability to place the puck on players sticks. His saucer passes are ridiculous.

He actually beat Manny a few times in last nights game, I think. You're right though, his faceoff ability needs work. Maybe if he's up all season Manny can work on it with him.

Archived