The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Outside of all the fun I have in getting a rise out of the Hansen lovers, I would agree with this pretty balanced opinion.

... And note that, in the bigger picture, the team has clearly lost its depth to need to place Hansen in a top 6 role three games into the season.

While disagreeing with several of your previous post, I tend to agree the team has lost depth with need to place Hansen in top six. In saying that, when Burrow comes back Hansen will probably be back to third line duties. Quite fancy a third line of Hansen, santorelli, Richardson or if Santorelli are being tested with Sedins either Burrow or Higgens switching between 2nd and 3rd line.

To me that looks like 3 strong lines provided Kesler's play with Booth improves. And still have Kassian and Schroeder to move in and out of lines as well.

Doesn't look too bad then???

Dear Alexandre Ménard-Burrows,

Please hurry back into the line-up. Aside from two perfects dishes from the Sedins that Hansen put in, he has been a no-show this season. There are fans on this board who are saying he is better than you. There are fans saying he is better than Mason Raymond. They like to bump this thread whenever Hansen gets a point. He has been playing with the Sedins while you've been hurt, and he has been hampering their abilities. Hurry back Alexandre Ménard-Burrows, you're our only hope.

Dear Alexandre Ménard-Burrows,

Please hurry back into the line-up. Aside from two perfects dishes from the Sedins that Hansen put in, he has been a no-show this season. There are fans on this board who are saying he is better than you. There are fans saying he is better than Mason Raymond. They like to bump this thread whenever Hansen gets a point. He has been playing with the Sedins while you've been hurt, and he has been hampering their abilities. Hurry back Alexandre Ménard-Burrows, you're our only hope.

Funny how you only come out when Hansen doesn't have a good game.

Funny how you only come out when Hansen doesn't have a good game.

If that was the case, I would have been bumping this thread the past few games. Hansen has checked out! Maybe in the good old days that would be fine. But he's getting every chance on the first line, he's signed on for four years, $10 million. When he disappears as much as he has now, he shouldn't get the free pass anymore.

Hansen is a decent player but the problem is I just don't see where he fits in on this team the way we have played the last 5 years. Put him on a team who plays high energy, for-check like maniacs, gritty hockey and he would be an absolute beast - probably a consistent 20 goal scorer. Come to think of it, he plays hockey exactly how Torts wants us to play hockey, so maybe the problem isn`t Hansen, its the rest of his seemingly ambivalent team mates. Don`t like him with the Sedins though, he can cycle with them, but there`s no end product.

It is a mistake to rely on such players to be more than they are. A true contender has people that can step up in the event of slumps and injury, not players that are forced to take their place permanently. They just aren't good enough, its an incredibly difficult thing to do, expecting hard work to make up for skill in a league with such parity is naive.

WANTED: Jannik Hansen. Last seen: looking 'offensive' against the likes of Edmonton and/or Calgary.

-1 tonight, on pace for -18 and 27 points. His two goals were perfectly placed sets up from the Sedins. His one assist came from a fluke bounce off the boards to let Kesler pop a goal into the empty net.

Babych, why aren't you bumping this thread these days? EverybodyHatesRaymond, you're right, Hansen is better than Burrows or Raymond! Hansen lovers, where are you... ???!!

It sure is exciting to have $10M invested and a no-trade to boot in a guy who has disappeared, despite all the opportunity in the world to place himself as a top 6.

• 1 month later...

I'm confused as to why Babych isn't bumping this thread at ALL anymore??? Babych?? HoneyBadger36? Everybody Hates Raymond? Where be all the Hansen puck bunnies?

I'm confused as to why you blindly hate Hansen and that you decide to bump this thread when we're all in a slump? Lock and ban please.

I'm confused as to why Babych isn't bumping this thread at ALL anymore??? Babych?? HoneyBadger36? Everybody Hates Raymond? Where be all the Hansen puck bunnies?

I mostly just got tired and bored. Still loves me the Hansen, though.

I also like that he's signed for another 4 years at a very reasonable cap hit.

A few years ago when he was on a line with kesler and tambellini he was passing a lot and that line was scoring a ton of goals. But then raymond came back form injury so for some dumb reason tambellini got immediately demoted and the line was never as good as it was with him.

WANTED: Jannik Hansen. Last seen: looking 'offensive' against the likes of Edmonton and/or Calgary.

-1 tonight, on pace for -18 and 27 points. His two goals were perfectly placed sets up from the Sedins. His one assist came from a fluke bounce off the boards to let Kesler pop a goal into the empty net.

Babych, why aren't you bumping this thread these days? EverybodyHatesRaymond, you're right, Hansen is better than Burrows or Raymond! Hansen lovers, where are you... ???!!

It sure is exciting to have $10M invested and a no-trade to boot in a guy who has disappeared, despite all the opportunity in the world to place himself as a top 6.

Hey, was this set up by a Sedin?

What about this one?

I've liked this guy since the moment he was called up in the playoffs against Anaheim. Yes, he is one of our more moveable assets, but I'd hate to see him go. No lateral moves, please: only if he's bundled for a true top 6 winger.

Y'know what? I second this.

I've liked this guy since the moment he was called up in the playoffs against Anaheim. Yes, he is one of our more moveable assets, but I'd hate to see him go. No lateral moves, please: only if he's bundled for a true top 6 winger.

I'll third this. A Edler+Hansen+1st package could get us something that would truely put us over the top.

Archived