The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Newsflash, 5min, Hansen is set to be the 6th highest paid forward on the team in 201415. For a guy whose shoulder pops out easy now, and is a minus player on a team that is 10 games above .500, not the best bargain anymore. Sorry.

Newsflash, 5min, Hansen is set to be the 6th highest paid forward on the team in 201415. For a guy whose shoulder pops out easy now, and is a minus player on a team that is 10 games above .500, not the best bargain anymore. Sorry.

If you said 4th highest paid forward, you'd have a case, but 6th highest paid forward is right about where he should be

6th highest paid forward...you're reaching.

Hansen is one of the best 3rd liners in the game and can step up and help in the top6.

Its a well known fact that we currently don't have a legit top6, we're missing at least 1 player.

Seems to me that means Hansen should just about be the 6th highest paid forward on the team (until we get a legit 2nd liner making more, in which case Hansen would be the 7th highest paid forward).

We all know what opinions are like

Newsflash Slegr.

Hansen earns 2.1% of the team's cap space and has for 3 years now - exclude the cap hit of the goaltenders and it raises to 2.3%

Next year he'll earn 3.5% of the team's cap.

Now, forget about his two way game, his underlying numbers, his grit, his speed, his ability to play in all situations and simply isolate his mere production and tell us what % of the team's production is his.

This year, amidst injuries, he has 3.8% of the team's total points playing in 72% of their games.

Last year he scored 7.8% of the team's points - again, while making 2.1% of their cap space. The year before it was 5.9%.

Tell us more about what a bad bargain he is.

Hansen tied with Higgins at our #6 salary is accurate imo. They're both 3rd liners with the ability to step up to the top 6 when needed. With the cap rising next year it's quite likely we'll see someone added between them and Booth, although I'd prefer one of Kassian, Schroeder, or a prospect take that spot.

slegr, you're reaching by insinuating that Hansen is injury prone all of a sudden. He took one hell of a trip into the boards and came back much quicker than anyone expected. Prior to that he was second in line for the Canucks Ironman streak (discounting his suspension for Best Supporting Actor in a Hossa dive last year). He hadn't had an injury since breaking his hand fighting in the 2009 pre-season, which includes being one of the few healthy players at the end of the 2011 cup run. Pretty amazing considering the style of game he played all through that season and the playoffs.

I'll just go ahead and guess what your response to this will be: because he separated his shoulder once, it's only a matter of time before it happens again. So we better get Daniel off the ice before those led lights bring back his concussion symptoms. Burrows' jaw won't be the same and he might break it again yapping. It's only a matter of time before Bieksa slices his own ankle up. And Kesler's just not hip anymore.

Looks like it's time for a complete rebuild, and we're only keeping Henrik.

Newsflash Slegr.

Hansen earns 2.1% of the team's cap space and has for 3 years now - exclude the cap hit of the goaltenders and it raises to 2.3%

Next year he'll earn 3.5% of the team's cap.

Now, forget about his two way game, his underlying numbers, his grit, his speed, his ability to play in all situations and simply isolate his mere production and tell us what % of the team's production is his.

This year, amidst injuries, he has 3.8% of the team's total points playing in 72% of their games.

Last year he scored 7.8% of the team's points - again, while making 2.1% of their cap space. The year before it was 5.9%.

Tell us more about what a bad bargain he is.

Now thats money ball allright...

Hansen's is not a first line player, but slagging him off for playing with Sedins is hugely unfair. Beside Burrows and Kesler who has shown better chemistry with them than Hansen? He is a victim of his own success as third liner. Post if all showed same amount of commitment as Hansen, we would not have had 2 easy first round departures during the last two years.

Herberts Vasiljevs, I hope you've had a chance to ask Santa for the bunny ears this Christmas, you Hansen bunny, you!

Okay, I do have to ask because you've accused me of the same thing: What exactly is a Hansen puck bunny?

Just wondering if I should be offended or not.

when you got a hole to fill in your line-up.. who you gonna call ? 'Dont panick Jannik'

everyone needs to chill.

he's been on of the more consistent and dependable bottom 6 players for a while now. can move around the line up. and nice to see him have some success with line 1. good on him. i'd like to be his friend. and i hope he spends his career here.

Now thats money ball allright...

Hansen's is not a first line player, but slagging him off for playing with Sedins is hugely unfair. Beside Burrows and Kesler who has shown better chemistry with them than Hansen? He is a victim of his own success as third liner. Post if all showed same amount of commitment as Hansen, we would not have had 2 easy first round departures during the last two years.

Yes, and his offensive production has been better than the average 2nd line right wing - playing hard third line minutes with third line centers....

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2011/9/27/2452941/common-misconceptions-how-much-should-that-forward-score

Where are all the Hansen-love posts after tonight's Dallas game? Another minus game for Hansen, two brutal penalties, one awesome set up where he completely misses the puck, and another sure-goal that goes right into the goalie's glove (which would have tied the game at a key point). Go Hansen go!

Where are all the Hansen-love posts after tonight's Dallas game? Another minus game for Hansen, two brutal penalties, one awesome set up where he completely misses the puck, and another sure-goal that goes right into the goalie's glove (which would have tied the game at a key point). Go Hansen go!

Guy's one of the best 3rd liners in the league on a bargain contract, and you're complaining because he isn't playing well while being asked to play a first line role?

Mason Raymond Witchhunt pt 2

been sick of Hansen for a while. I rather see Kassian miss the wide open net and put the puck into Kari's glove. I hope we buy out booth and sign a guy like callahan or even camallerri. I bet horvat makes the team and we resign santo, that would bump hansen down the depth chart and at 2.5 mill, I'd trade him for picks, like a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th.

Another guy well on his way to being an outcast because he is forced into a position way beyond his capabilities. Putting a 16g high player with the Sedins, ridiculous. While Danny continues to be a Hank lite, that line is falling apart. Even if Burr comes back strong, we have no one other than Kes that looks capable of 30 goals. Ain't beating the West with production like that.

Archived