The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Where are all the Hansen-love posts after tonight's Dallas game? Another minus game for Hansen, two brutal penalties, one awesome set up where he completely misses the puck, and another sure-goal that goes right into the goalie's glove (which would have tied the game at a key point). Go Hansen go!

Nice to see you pick your times to bash Hansen. Definition of a troll.

Where are all the Hansen-love posts after tonight's Dallas game? Another minus game for Hansen, two brutal penalties, one awesome set up where he completely misses the puck, and another sure-goal that goes right into the goalie's glove (which would have tied the game at a key point). Go Hansen go!

Hi. Still here.

The entire team took a dump on the ice tonight, but go on and single out your enemy.

So someone on the top line gets injured and because the 3rd liner who's filling in can't score at a first liners rate, we should try to get rid of the guy for what ever we can get ?

Pretty sure if Hansen could produce at the same rate as the sedins, he wouln't have been on the 3rd line for basically his entire career. He's getting paid for play the role of a 3rd liner and when the Nucks are healthy thats what he does (very well, too).

I'm guessing there's a disease going around related to Tourette's that causes Nucks fans to sponatanously try and lynch random players... it's either that or, well... something that if said out loud would probably get me a ban :P

Guy's one of the best 3rd liners in the league on a bargain contract, and you're complaining because he isn't playing well while being asked to play a first line role?

this exactly

when's he back in his role he will play his game. he has never been and will never be a top 2 line player. what he is, is an all star 3rd liner who plays his role to perfection.

he grinds, forechecks, kills penalties, tires out dmen and can pot 15 from the third line consistently and add an offensive threat to that line.

he is not a pure scorer and that's fine...i've never believed he had great hands (as many here have been posturing for years to play him higher in the lineup).

he has great hands for a 3rd liner, he has average hands at best in a top 2 line role.

When we're healthy

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Santo

Booth Schroeder Hansen

Weise Richardson Kassian

that's the way it should be and it will work the way it should.

Hansen: 3 hits (only Garrison threw more) and a takeaway against Dallas - one of the few players to actually get some quality chances.

It happens. Teams have nights where they're snakebitten or face a hot goaltender. Not worth trolling over.

• 2 weeks later...

Where have you been lately? Interesting how you call out the "Hansen lovers" and then get forced to hide out somewhere else after Hansen starts actually doing well.

And before you start saying anything, I don't consider Hansen to be a 1st line forward by any stretch, but this may give him a lot more confidence to score later on even if he's back on the 3rd line.

But yeah, rule of thumb.... don't start attacking people when you don't have a crystal ball. ;)

An average game when Jannik Hansen doesn't register a point. Why isn't Babych bumping the thread tonight? He played with world class players in the Sedins. He looked so out of place against a contending team tonight. He took a brutal penalty when it as 1-0 Canucks, starting the slide in momentum. He ended up a minus player on the evening. Luckily, his name is coming up in trade rumours. Once Burrows returns, anything is possible.

An average game when Jannik Hansen doesn't register a point. Why isn't Babych bumping the thread tonight? He played with world class players in the Sedins. He looked so out of place against a contending team tonight. He took a brutal penalty when it as 1-0 Canucks, starting the slide in momentum. He ended up a minus player on the evening. Luckily, his name is coming up in trade rumours. Once Burrows returns, anything is possible.

Bottomfeeding at it's finest.

I might sympathize with this whining if you weren't talking about a player who is a 1.35 million cap hit - tweener 3rd/4th line money - who will become a 2.5 million cap hit next year, bonafide third line money.

So whine on.

Yeah, he's 'only' scored 78 points in his last 162 games.

Those are only second line numbers.

But what does CDC expect? A first line sniper lol.

Once again, an average game where Hansen lead the team in hits.

Your thread is a real success. You've really convinced that this guy ought to be run out of town.

You are a shit for brains poster who contributes NOTHING to conversation other than trying to (and sometimes successfully) rile people up.

I've been a Canucks fan before many people on this board have been alive. I've been a huge advocate of this team for decades. Just because I'm a huge fan does not mean I cannot have less-than-popular perspectives on particular players. Look at all the Luongo haters, Raymond haters, and others in years past. Just because I'm not a Hansen fan and am quick to point out his faults does not give you permission to say what you've said on this board. Sorry, but that's overstepping bounds.

1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow visitors(and this includes via Private Message).

You will find every opinion imaginable here, so you may want to find another board if you are not able to keep your cool when someone's viewpoint offends you. Behave as you would in a public location. The following actions are strictly prohibited:

• Calling out other users.
  • Personal attacks and flaming. Attacking an idea is acceptable, attacking a user is not

I've been a Canucks fan before many people on this board have been alive. I've been a huge advocate of this team for decades. Just because I'm a huge fan does not mean I cannot have less-than-popular perspectives on particular players. Look at all the Luongo haters, Raymond haters, and others in years past. Just because I'm not a Hansen fan and am quick to point out his faults does not give you permission to say what you've said on this board. Sorry, but that's overstepping bounds.

1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow visitors(and this includes via Private Message).

You will find every opinion imaginable here, so you may want to find another board if you are not able to keep your cool when someone's viewpoint offends you. Behave as you would in a public location. The following actions are strictly prohibited:

• Calling out other users.
  • Personal attacks and flaming. Attacking an idea is acceptable, attacking a user is not

Oh shit, I pissed off the mini-mod! Run, guys!

Archived