The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Holy smokes, this guy almost blows the Phoenix game singlehandedly. He's set up perfectly to nearly make it 3-0, but bobbles the puck, then comes back and serves it up for Vermette, leading to a huge shift in momentum. I wish I had the time and energy to make a montage of every time Hansen bobbles, fumbles or misplays the puck. Another minus game tonight.

Holy smokes, this guy almost blows the Phoenix game singlehandedly. He's set up perfectly to nearly make it 3-0, but bobbles the puck, then comes back and serves it up for Vermette, leading to a huge shift in momentum. I wish I had the time and energy to make a montage of every time Hansen bobbles, fumbles or misplays the puck. Another minus game tonight.

didn't bobble the puck Coyote player backchecked and disrupted the shot

ya he isn't a sniper and guess what he isn't being paid to be a sniper

What is he being paid for? He doesn't hit ANYONE anymore with that shoulder that pops out with every little bump. He doesn't fight, because he broke his hand once doing it. He doesn't score because he has hands of stone. But boy... he sure can kill penalties as good as any AHLer.

I feel like he's on the expendables list

Yeah he does a lot defensively but he's one of the worst at cashing in on quality chances. If we could get a good 2 way player with better finish I'd be ok with that trade. Whomever we got in exchange would have to be excellent defensively though. Hansen is valuable in that regard

Lol. You don't get rid of players like Hansen and Burrows. He actually has decent vision unlike Higgins and Booth. Used his speed to set up a cross crease chance and I remember this move where he stopped up along the right boards faked as if he was going to skate towards the blueline then back hand sauced it into the slot on the tape of one of our players. He's not a fourth longer and shouldn't be treated like one. Tortilla had no clue about player potentials and preexisting chemistry in this lineup.

I agree he's had a bad year so far and what you said happened last game, but I think it'd be a mistake giving up on Hansen. He's been great for us for many years in the past and I think he'll turn around here.

Hansen has been one of my favourites for a while.

However, with the emergence of Richardson and Santorelli, along with some injuries slowing him down a bit, he is probably one of our most expendable trading chips (that still has value).

Lol. You don't get rid of players like Hansen and Burrows. He actually has decent vision unlike Higgins and Booth. Used his speed to set up a cross crease chance and I remember this move where he stopped up along the right boards faked as if he was going to skate towards the blueline then back hand sauced it into the slot on the tape of one of our players. He's not a fourth longer and shouldn't be treated like one. Tortilla had no clue about player potentials and preexisting chemistry in this lineup.

learn to spell anyways

Booth and Higgins both have played quite a bit better especially HIggins that's why Hansen doesn't see the same kind of ice time Torts isn't here to give the ice time to slackers and people that don't play hard he will bench players and he will sit them in the press box if they aren't playing well

if Hansen plays like a 4th liner he will be treated as one end of story

learn to spell anyways

Booth and Higgins both have played quite a bit better especially HIggins that's why Hansen doesn't see the same kind of ice time Torts isn't here to give the ice time to slackers and people that don't play hard he will bench players and he will sit them in the press box if they aren't playing well

True dat. He has the kind of game that suits a fourth line role and little else.

learn to spell anyways

A week ago every post here had Booth playing anywhere else for a bag of pucks...

I don't want to be one of those fans who calls for a trade of a player when they are having a rough stretch of a season but it seems under Torts system Hansen has lost his edge that we loved him for. Is he expendable? The second and third lines of Kes-Santo-Hig and Kass-Booth-Rich have some pretty nice chemistry and consistency, and when Burr comes back and lines up with the twins where does that leave Hansen?? Weise has turned into a solid fourth liner who can easily fill in on the third, and then there is Dalpe, Welsh, Sestito and Schroeder. Again where does Hansen fit in? I bet his trade value is pretty high as potentially one of the best third liners in the league. Should we hold onto him or trade him when the value is high??

Archived