The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

At first I saw reports of the 9ers suspending him, but yes it is voluntary by him.

Huge loss for the 49ers. Right move regardless. Smith wants to get better and he's doing the responsible thing.

It speaks volumes about the character of 9ers management as well. Last year they suspended a player for a similar infraction (less even) and yet they let Aldon play today despite all of his off field troubles. They apparently have a different set of expectations for star players. Next time someone tells me about what a class organization San Fran is I'm bringing this up.

I start throwing crap again?

Not sure if you followed Geno in WV but he was the most dominate QB in college for a while then kinda tapered off at the end for whatever reason.

Just wait till he gets really comfortable.

The entire time I was watching the NFL draft I was thinking to myself, who ever gets Geno is going to have the steal of the draft.

What a unpredictable day eh boys

Ya agreed. Great day of football. Detroit wins and some other good games as well. The biggest surprises for me:

I guess Cleveland had an idea as to what they were doing

Jacksonville actually scored a touchdown (also what a joke that Jag shushing the crowd after he closed the gap to 21)

Indy laying a beat down in SF

There's no truth to anything you said.

Brady had a sh*t O-line until 07. Belichick started improving the O-line through draft with Mankins, Solder, Vollmer..etc.

Brady has one of the quickest releases in football and hates holding onto the ball, even when his o-line provides the time.

Brady is less productive the longer he holds onto the ball.

Did you expect Belichick not to improve the O-line just so Brady could keep proving his skill as a QB?

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion. And no one can that away from your special little mind.

I don't quite understand your argument on that. The guys original point is that they have been one of the best the last 5 years and you argue that and tell him he is wrong by saying they were really bad until 2007 when they started getting better (that's 6 years ago).

Also why do you keep on tearing apart your team just to make Brady sound more godly. Yes he's a great qb, but nobody does it by themselves.

It is gonna be hella tough to make the playoffs in the AFC this year.

Pats, Dolphins, Chiefs and probably Broncos at 3-0

Texans, Colts, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Jets at 2-1

Winning your division is gonna be huge this year.

It's only 3 games in.

Green Bay,Atlanta,San Fran are all 1-2 and Dallas is 1st in their division haha. It does not mean much.

Great win for the Dolphins today! They are for real!

I hope Wake comes back next week as we will need to pressure Brees big time!!

Also WTF happened with the Giants and 49ers, Giants especially, 38-0 wow....

props to them but the falcons were decimated with injuries.. good on them though impressing this year

Also WTF happened with the Giants and 49ers, Giants especially, 38-0 wow....

Giants are getting manhandled at the line. Their O line sucks and Manning is taking a beating. 7 sacks in that terrible loss. You cant just pick up a whole new O line off the street but they need to shore it up big time. It would also help if his receivers could catch a ball that hits them in the chest every so often. Gonna be a long season if they cant sort it out.

As for the 49ers. Kaepernick played so well in that first game against Green Bay he looked unstoppable. 400+ yards 3 TDs but In Seattle and at home against The Colts hes been terrible. Truly terrible. 150 yds and 123 yds. NO tds. 4 interceptions. Fumbles. We have to remember he still has only 10 games as a starter so far and can be intimidated with pressure. The Hawks and Colts both brought it. Very aggressive D. He better learn to deal with it cause its how every team is gonna play him. Part of his learning curve.

Giants are getting manhandled at the line. Their O line sucks and Manning is taking a beating. 7 sacks in that terrible loss. You cant just pick up a whole new O line off the street but they need to shore it up big time. It would also help if his receivers could catch a ball that hits them in the chest every so often. Gonna be a long season if they cant sort it out.

As for the 49ers. Kaepernick played so well in that first game against Green Bay he looked unstoppable. 400+ yards 3 TDs but In Seattle and at home against The Colts hes been terrible. Truly terrible. 150 yds and 123 yds. NO tds. 4 interceptions. Fumbles. We have to remember he still has only 10 games as a starter so far and can be intimidated with pressure. The Hawks and Colts both brought it. Very aggressive D. He better learn to deal with it cause its how every team is gonna play him. Part of his learning curve.

About CK some are saying last year was simply a fluke or beginner's luck..

Can't really argue with much logic after 3 games that they're right but if they play the Rams on Thursday like they played the past 2 teams, I'm fully on board the fluke train.

I don't quite understand your argument on that. The guys original point is that they have been one of the best the last 5 years and you argue that and tell him he is wrong by saying they were really bad until 2007 when they started getting better (that's 6 years ago).

Also why do you keep on tearing apart your team just to make Brady sound more godly. Yes he's a great qb, but nobody does it by themselves.

I guess I didn't get my point across. I was trying to say up until 07 Brady had proved he can succeed without a line and after that Belichick started building depth at the O-line position. That's all.

I don't recall tearing my team apart. Besides at WR, which is a weakness even the least educated fans can pick out, this team looks very promising. Of course no one can do it themselves. Every great QB has something, or multiple things that contribute to their success such as great WR's, a great set of RB's..etc. Guess I didn't express myself as well as I would have liked to.

Anyways, 2 weeks of losing bets on the games I thought were the for sure wins. Saints couldn't beat the Bucs by more than 3, and the Packers couldn't beat the Bengals period, let alone by 4 or more points. Sigh.

oh and chargers .. :picard:

Tough losing it right at the end again. But considering the injuries we have had so far and well just what this team was supposed to be, being in it on all 3 games so far isn't bad.

It was good too seeing ladrius green get some work in there too. He's going to be real good in the future

If you don't know why I brought those QB's into the conversation, you clearly aren't equipped to be having this conversation.

Guys like RG3 are afforded the time to be in the pocket by their offensive lines, but he holds on to the ball too long and then either makes a bad throw or gets sacked.

Guys like Brady and Manning are also afforded the time by their offensive lines but they don't need it. Manning and Brady typically get rid of the ball right away. Their minds can go through the check down process (do you even know what that is? How long have you been watching football?) quicker than other QB's and thus are able to make their decisions quicker.

So your argument of Brady can stand back there for 10 seconds on every play and throw the ball when he feels like it makes zero sense.

The whole time Brady has the ball he is never pressured becauae his O-line is containing the rush. All the starting QBs can complete passes with that amount of time, Manuel was pressured hard this week, so did Eli Manning. All Brady has to focus on his throwing the pass not worrying about pressure (unless it is a full house blitz but all he has to do in a blitz is throw quick).

Manning and Brady do need the time to throw the ball otherwise they'd be sacked within 3 seconds lol

Edited by Plum