The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I'm not sure why you guys think Kane's job/career is safe if he is found guilty. Especially if the details come out to be extremely disturbing.

As for Ray Rice IMO his prime days are over. Modern RBs have short shelf lives and usually start to decline fast and hard around 1500 carries/late 20's with the exception of a few exceptions. Rice is going on 29 with 1430 carries and was unimpressive his last NFL season playing 15 games but only mustering 660 yards on 3.1 yards per carry.

Don't really wanna get into the Kane thing too much but the guy is the face of the organization. One of the best player's in the game. Highly doubt the Hawks would move on.

As for Rice, he's going to be 29 near the end of the season. He had a full year off football, so he's going to be pretty fresh.

His 2013 season was filled with injuries. Rice played through a major hip issue (didn't complain once). Also played behind the worst o-line in football which was plagued with injuries. I give him a pass for that year.

Edited by Jiggs50

Don't really wanna get into the Kane thing too much but the guy is the face of the organization. One of the best player's in the game. Highly doubt the Hawks would move on.

As for Rice, he's going to be 29 near the end of the season. He had a full year off football, so he's going to be pretty fresh.

His 2013 season was filled with injuries. Rice played through a major hip issue (didn't complain once). Also played behind the worst o-line in football which was plagued with injuries. I give him a pass for that year.

That is the exact reason he could lose his job, because he is in the spotlight as the face of the organization. Hockey is a business that is largely marketing. Winning is good for business of course but throwing your full support making the face of your company that of a convicted rapist... well not so much great for business. Rapists/Sex Offenders are seen as negatively as you can get by society (far far worse than hitting a woman). The negative additional attention will be far worse than what Rice got. Potential sponsors and endorsers may back out, nonstop protests for the rest of his career, much of their own city and fans will not support it. Even if he goes through all the steps and says the right things people are not very accepting of convicted sex offenders. How often does a convicted rapist get a job and see his coworkers embrace him at any point even if he is nice to them for years?

IMO if Kane is convicted of rape the organization will cut ties with him because of the extreme public response for it. Rice is in a league full of all sorts of terrible criminal activity and was elite himself and now with some player support he is still struggling just to get a 2nd chance after taking all the right steps. Selling a convicted rapist though in current day... I just don't think it is possible xD

As far as Rice goes I will admit it will be hard for him to have a worse season than he did in 2013. Being out for a year could have him out of football shape but a better O-line and health is a plus. With that said he is still at that carry count where many big time RB's start to decline (of course there are a good many examples of RBs who went well over that carry count). IMO I still feel his top tier days are over and at best he will be an average RB but if a team is desperate he is low risk and high reward.

• Upvote 1

Yep same here. And tbh, idk why Arizona wouldn't take a flyer on Rice or any team for that matter. I mean they make it seem like you're not allowed to mess up in life and as brutal as that video of him was, it's not as bad (imo) as what others have done being accused of DUI, Drugs, etc and still getting a second chance. Rice was a top 3 RB in the league. Sure he messed up but time to let him back in.

I think a lot of it has to do with Rice being utter garbage his final season. 44YPG on 3.1YPC, while his receiving performance was by far the worst of his career at 5.5YPC as well. Add in the fact he hasn't played in a year, and I don't see why teams would be clamouring to sign him.

Edited by Jägermeister

I wasn't aware Tom Brady was given a lifetime ban. 66 mph and death sentence. Please. This just shows how you can graduate from college in the US and still not be intelligent.

More like doing 66 in a 65 mph zone. And you have your DL suspended and car impounded both for 4 days.

The NFLPA and NFL both botched this. I understand it's about sending a message, and the NFL doesn't want to give a slap on the wrist. But considering off the field antics by a lot of players. They should have negotiated this and provided a hefty fine and went with the 1-2 games.

Cris Carter tells rookies that they need a fall guy in their crew in case they get in trouble with the law.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cris+carter+fall+guy&client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&oq=cris+carter+fall+guy&gs_l=heirloom-serp.3...185243.187441.0.189611.9.4.0.0.0.0.1204.2923.5-1j0j2.3.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..8.1.1199.-QHy1OwxB98

“Because all you guys aren’t going to do the right stuff. I need to teach to you how to get around all of this stuff too. If you have a crew, one of them fools need to know that they’re going to jail. I know a lot of you aren’t going to drink, i know a lot of you aren’t going to use drugs but still get yourself a fall guy.”

The clip, which was on the NFL website until today, is from 2014.

Yes, that's Warren Sapp beside him on stage :lol:

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

I don't know how significant that will be. Good for a few catches here and there.

64 catches for 800 yards last year at 35 years old coming off a reconstructive knee surgery to replace a torn ACL.

He may be a year older, but also has the benefit of a full summer of training this season.

Not saying he'll be a 1000 yard receiver, he may not even be on the week 1 roster (If he is, his veteran contract becomes fully guaranteed), but if he sticks I could see him being a very reliable slot receiver who puts up 500 yards mainly off of yards after catch.

• Upvote 1

Yes, that's Warren Sapp beside him on stage :lol:

Warren Sapp giving rookies advice. Bankrupt Warren Sapp. bankrupt while making $115k per MONTH from the NFL network. A job he lost early this year for soliciting a prostitute and assault. His mansion was auctioned off in 2012 and his NFL pension doesnt kick in for 13 more years ( hes 42, it kicks in at 55).

Warren Sapp, The last person in the world who should be giving anybody advice.

• Upvote 2

How is Madden 16?

Thought about picking it up yesterday, haven't bought Madden since Madden 25 the year I got my PS4, and it was terrible. So I when I saw it at Best Buy yesterday, I just looked at it, then the price tag, then back it, and remembered how terrible Madden 25 was, and didn't get it.