The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

30 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Goodell doesn't have the balls to show up to Foxboro, going back to Atlanta.

As much as I don't want Pats to win the SB ... that would be something to see, Goodell handing the trophy to Kraft, Belichik, and Brady on the podium.  Unless Goodell send a henchman to do it ... he can't miss the SB, can he?  

I'm sure he has ordered the referees who will be working the NE vs. Pitts game to be on their strictest behaviour and call everything questionable Steelers way ... haha.  And to check the balls three times over for PSI.    

Edited by Neversummer

as I mentioned I predict it's going to be a Pack-Pats Super Bowl. who will win though...not sure.. it could go either way.. GB looks like defense might be an issue when they face Hotlanta and the Falcons could actually surprise and win that one. that game will be a shootout but Rodgers is too hot right now and deserves to play in the Super Bowl.. Pack have the edge but it will be a close game.. similar to the Pack-Cowboys divisional round game.. Pats will win it but it will be a close game with Ben, Le'veon, and Brown and co. keeping it in check. both games will go down to the wire 

GB 31

ATL 26

PIT 20

NE 28

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

as I mentioned I predict it's going to be a Pack-Pats Super Bowl. who will win though...not sure.. it could go either way.. GB looks like defense might be an issue when they face Hotlanta and the Falcons could actually surprise and win that one. that game will be a shootout but Rodgers is too hot right now and deserves to play in the Super Bowl.. Pack have the edge but it will be a close game.. similar to the Pack-Cowboys divisional round game.. Pats will win it but it will be a close game with Ben, Le'veon, and Brown and co. keeping it in check. both games will go down to the wire 

GB 31

ATL 26

PIT 20

NE 28

GB 41

ATL 30

PIT 38

NE 7

going on a limb in the Pit NE game.

34-31 GB: Another shootout, another game winning drive led by Aaron Rodgers.  I'm rooting for Atlanta to win it all this year, but as good as there up and coming rookie stars on D are, Rodgers will find a way to exploit them when it matters most.  Just like Prescott last week, Ryan loses despite playing phenomenally.  

27-16 NE: Big Ben' road woes continue as he is unable to really carry the team back as they trail most of the game.  I still think he is banged up as well.  Another strong performance by Bell is the only way Pittsburgh gets any sort of momentum.  Brady has a game manager type performance effective and makes no mistakes, but doesn't put up very gaudy numbers.  Blount provides most of the scoring for the Pats this week. However, like last week I am hoping for the upset.

Edited by Jägermeister

On 1/10/2017 at 3:21 PM, Jägermeister said:

37-34 Packers

Cowboys are a solid team, but are young and not as good as their record indicates.  Game is a shootout. Dallas' rookies both have solid performances in the loss, but are unable to put the game away.  Rodgers experience is the difference maker as he orchestrates a game winning 4th quarter drive.

27-16 Falcons

Seahawks are a different team away from home, the offence especially.  Losses to Rams, Saints, Bucs and a whooping by GB on the road this year.   Rawls and Wilson continue their trends of game to game inconsistency and struggle.  Seattle's run game get's very little going.  Atlanta's offence overpowers Seattle's D thanks to a well rounded attack.

20-14 Chiefs 

I just have a gut feeling on this one.  I think Big Ben is more hurt than he's letting on.  Bell has a strong game on the ground, but Pittsburgh falls behind late and Ben can't bring them back. 

37-10 Patriots

Game is never even close.  Savage is unable to play, and Osweiler gifts the Patriots great field position several times early on as he is unable to orchestrate anything offensively.  Brady takes advantage.  While unlikely I am really hoping the Texans pull off the upset though.

My predictions for last weeks games were pretty decent actually lol.  Didn't count on Pittsburgh getting 6 field goals though.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Squamfan said:

GB 41

ATL 30

PIT 38

NE 7

going on a limb in the Pit NE game.

Lol, you think the Pats offense will be held to 7 points at home with a shot at going to the Super Bowl on the line?

14 hours ago, Pears said:

Pittsburgh won't beat New England only scoring field goals lol. Pittsburgh 10 New England 45

Lol, you think the Steelers defense will have 45 put on them facing one of their rivals with a shot at going to the Super Bowl on the line?

-

I personally think it's going to be a 24-20 NE win. Bell gets 2 TDs, Brown doesn't get into the endzone because Butler is on him all night, but will get a lot of YAC to get into field goal position for 2 FGs. Brady to Edelman for one, Blount runs one in from the red zone, Lewis with a lot of YAC and takes one to the house.

7 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol, you think the Pats offense will be held to 7 points at home with a shot at going to the Super Bowl on the line?

Lol, you think the Steelers defense will have 45 put on them facing one of their rivals with a shot at going to the Super Bowl on the line?

-

I personally think it's going to be a 24-20 NE win. Bell gets 2 TDs, Brown doesn't get into the endzone because Butler is on him all night, but will get a lot of YAC to get into field goal position for 2 FGs. Brady to Edelman for one, Blount runs one in from the red zone, Lewis with a lot of YAC and takes one to the house.

Maybe not 40+ points, but they were able to put up 34 on Houston's #1 defense. I just want to see Pittsburgh get annihilated so that's why I'm hoping for that big of a blowout. 

Edited by Pears

40 minutes ago, Pears said:

Maybe not 40+ points, but they were able to put up 34 on Houston's #1 defense. I just want to see Pittsburgh get annihilated so that's why I'm hoping for that big of a blowout. 

Just because Cincy is in same division and didn't make it?  The hate is that strong?  

All I want is a close game into the 4th quarter, last possession scores and win ... that would be nice.  

30 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Just because Cincy is in same division and didn't make it?  The hate is that strong?  

All I want is a close game into the 4th quarter, last possession scores and win ... that would be nice.  

Yep. Dirtiest team in the NFL by a country mile. Not to mention the amount of crap they get away with year after year.