The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Game was over when Bell got injured.

Also what will get lost in the Brady rub down is Belichick shutting down the big 3. Freaking genius. Wonder what he'll do against the Falcons

Unlike the Steelers, Falcons have more weapons if he wants to focus on Julio with Butler and a safety over top.

Sanu and Gabriel plus Freeman and Coleman. Falcons spread the ball around better than the Patriots.

Steelers didn't blitz much the whole game Atlanta needs to mix pressure with coverage can't let Brady sit back there all day like today without paying the price.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

Well, moving towards that magic moment when Goodell might have to show up for a game where NE is playing ... and possibly handing them the Lombardi!   As much as I want to see Goodell squirm, here's hoping for a Falcons win.  

Edited by Neversummer

This Playoffs has been really boring. I have no doubt though the Super Bowl wil be close Atlanta's offence is too good for Patriots to just blow them out.

@Beary Sweet might think the Patriots are the 14' Seahawks with the #1 Defence and Atlanta is Denver with the #1 Offence but I think it should be a good game.

I see New Engkand being favored by 5 points but Atlanta will pull off the upset.

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If it's a Falcons/Pats Superbowl I'll probably just skip watching it. 

:o #1 Scoring O vs #1 scoring d

I know in the past the dominant defensive team usually wins when the offensive teams are similar but still Atlanta is explosive enough to give the New England d some trouble.

56 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Unlike the Steelers, Falcons have more weapons if he wants to focus on Julio with Butler and a safety over top.

Sanu and Gabriel plus Freeman and Coleman. Falcons spread the ball around better than the Patriots.

Steelers didn't blitz much the whole game Atlanta needs to mix pressure with coverage can't let Brady sit back there all day like today without paying the price.

While true, the Pats will game plan to ensure they shut down at least Julio and Freeman with Butler, Hightower and Ninkovich. It'll be up to the rest of our defence to step up and stop the rest of the offence. While Logan Ryan has been getting much praise recently, I'm still iffy seeing him on the field in coverage and Eric Rowe but hopefully they prove me wrong and step it up on Super Bowl day

13 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Game was over when Bell got injured.

Also what will get lost in the Brady rub down is Belichick shutting down the big 3. Freaking genius. Wonder what he'll do against the Falcons

Losing Bell certainly hurt, but it was the brutal play by the Steelers' secondary that cost them this game. How many times did the outside guy in zone coverage get sucked into the middle? It's zone defense, meaning you stay in your zone!

I certainly didn't expect to see a professional football team unable to grasp a pee-wee football concept.

What's the excuse this year? PSI? Headsets? Temperature? Fiji water over Voss? Was the pre-game pasta Tortellini instead of Penne? Surprised the media has been so quiet.

Loved Kraft taking a direct shot at Goodell when accepting the Lamar Hunt trophy. Genuinely believe that if we pull off the win in SB LI, Goodell will send someone else to award the Lombardi .

Thanks Rex for thinking Hogan was crap because you didn't know how to utilize him and not accepting the offer sheet.

We're onto Atlanta. One more.

As for boring, nothing boring about watching your team throw flea flickers for touchdowns, or run 18 yards with the entire Steelers defense on your RB's back, or watch your team accept the conference championship trophy or watch your tight end dance with the cheerleaders to 'I wanna dance with somebody' and calling facetiming his brother who plays on Seattle to tell him he's going to the Super Bowl. :lol: .. From the perspective of someone whose team did that.

Totally understand, objectively, how these playoffs have been boring. Nothing worse than getting together with some people over a few drinks and finger foods expecting a good game and having it be over by the 3rd series (Atlanta/GB).  At least NE/Pit was still a 1 score game at half time.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

What's the excuse this year? PSI? Headsets? Temperature? Fiji water over Voss? Was the pre-game pasta Tortellini instead of Penne? Surprised the media has been so quiet.

Loved Kraft taking a direct shot at Goodell when accepting the Lamar Hunt trophy. Genuinely believe that if we pull off the win in SB LI, Goodell will send someone else to award the Lombardi .

Thanks Rex for thinking Hogan was crap because you didn't know how to utilize him and not accepting the offer sheet.

We're onto Atlanta. One more.

Bad night of sleep ... interrupted?  Or 1/4 of the team came down with the flu .. j/k ...

But hey ... when it gets this close, your posts get more and more annoying, you might want to keep a check on that pal.  

Edited by Neversummer