The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

21 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Curious to see what the Eagles do with Ajayi done for the year. Running back is far from our biggest issue though.

I agree. I do think it is the easiest position in football to come in and make an impact quickly without having to know the whole play book and system, this was evidenced by the instant success of Ajayi last year.

So even though they need a Free Safety, or Corner,or a deep threat WR, they might feel like they can't depend on Clement and Smallwood all year. Sproles, at his age, is unreliable to begin with. They also have a rookie UDFA Josh Adams.

In terms of proven guys who could fit in quickly an option would be to just try to bring back Blount and roll with a committee. Or try trading for LeSean McCoy?

Of the external options,my target would be Tevin Coleman from the Falcons. He is a pending UFA and he has something that all the Eagle RBs lack...which is long speed. He is a home run threat and could really unlock this offence with good run blocking.

He is still on a cheap rookie deal, like Ajayi was last year, and like I said would be very motivated to play well since this is a big contract year for him, and to prove he is more than a change of pace guy in Devonta Freeman's shadow in Atlanta.

Question is .... would the Falcons trade him for less than a 2nd round pick to an NFC rival?

Even though they are out of the playoff picture and majorly banged up with injuries, worse than the Eagles, they won't just give him away for a 4th like the Eagles would hope imo.

Will be interested to see if Roseman and his staff can come up with something quick. The trade deadline is coming up quickly at the end of the month here.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Patriots have always been a bend but don't break defence the last 4 years. So to me it's not a surprise or a concern they are always harder to beat on 3rd down and the red zone.

The d always gets better as the season progresses too. Last year they finished as a top 5 d in points against IIRC.

When the offence can outscore your problems it really doesn't matter with Edelman and Gronkowski and now Gordon. Then you have Sony Michel emerging too and still have James White. Plenty of weapons for Brady.

Not to mention Hogan, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Phillip Dorsett in that system are useful role players.

That was under Patricia. New defensive scheme in place, new backs. At least we have some sort of pass rush as opposed to the previous years under Patricia but with that, we're giving up too many chunk plays. With KC coming into town, that can't happen.

6 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

That was under Patricia. New defensive scheme in place, new backs. At least we have some sort of pass rush as opposed to the previous years under Patricia but with that, we're giving up too many chunk plays. With KC coming into town, that can't happen.

Bellichik will find a way.. he is the defensive mastermind after all... ppl give all the credits to Patricia but he learned everything from Bellichik

Grats to Drew Brees.  As someone that's only 6' I respect Qb's like Brees, Flutie, and Wilson that can come into this league and flourish despite not being 6'6".  Good job to the scheduler makes as well, they planned that MNF game perfectly. 

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Grats to Drew Brees.  As someone that's only 6' I respect Qb's like Brees, Flutie, and Wilson that can come into this league and flourish despite not being 6'6".  Good job to the scheduler makes as well, they planned that MNF game perfectly. 

I heard a reporter on the radio this morning that Brees’ is his size, which is 5’9”.  Even if Brees is 5’10” he’s a marvel.  His mind must process the complexities of the game super fast.  Seems like a super nice person too, who honestly gives thanks to those who help him succeed.  

3 hours ago, Jaku said:

If the Raiders trade Cooper ima lose it.

I would like Karl Joseph heard he has been injured and Gruden doesn't like him. Would be an upgrade as a Free Safety since the Eagles have nobody with starting NFL experience right now.

Think a 5th for Karl Joseph does it?

On Cooper it seems like open season.

Gruden wants to rebuild and dump all of Reggie McKenzies old 1st round picks.

How about Amari Cooper for OBJ mega trade? Can you imagine?

5 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Wembley looked a quarter full. Travel all that way for what again? Vancouver can't get an exhibition game, let alone regular season game.

I wonder when the NFL is going to accept, that no other country (except some of us too) wants their type of football?  

• Cheers 1