The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

37 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I am still baffled by that flag at the end of the game.  Common sense would dictate that a timeout was likely in that situation.  Absolutely terrible way to end a game.

You mean Payton's flag? If he and his visor didn't run onto the field like idiots there wouldn't have been one thrown. Dumb way to act in that situation if the ref was looking straight at him when he decided to hustle out there.

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Meh, I love TNF as long as the canucks don't play on the same night.  Players get injured every game, regardless of when it's played.

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

He took a hit to the head. Happens every Sunday...

The players consistently state their dislike of TNF as a result of the injury risk it carries, and every week it seems as if the teams playing on Thursday do get hit hard with injuries.

The quality of the games is often also much poorer than games played on Sunday and Monday.

I'm not a fan of it at all.

On 08/12/2017 at 2:48 PM, Jägermeister said:

The players consistently state their dislike of TNF as a result of the injury risk it carries, and every week it seems as if the teams playing on Thursday do get hit hard with injuries.

The quality of the games is often also much poorer than games played on Sunday and Monday.

I'm not a fan of it at all.

Thursday night football would be fine of teams who played it got an additional bye week to recover like the CFL does with 9 teams one team each week has to have a bye no matter what.

I would not mind TNF if they gave a team a bye week before playing.

Thursday night game usually are lower scorer with poorer quality of play. 

I will give you that. Prime time games as a whole have not been great the past 2 years for MNF bad matchups and SNF surprisingly bad one sided games this year.

Just be glad an AFC team was not playing not very many good or exciting teams.

NFC Playoffs will be amazing hopefully play on Sunday.

AFC will be a little tiptoe through the tulips for Brady and  Belichick yet again.