The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Yeah not that surprising It is quite a bit too handle going to school and taking university level classes and trying to get decent grades while playing football and trying to go pro.

All that while still finding time to chill with your buddies go to parties and hang out with girls or whatnot.

UBC's standards probably a lot higher academically anyways. He did mention U of C had better academic support for athletes so its good to see he willl graduate with a degree at least (I think)

Tim Brown cut yesterday was surprising..special teams player of the year a few back and always great on returns..strange they couldnt get a trade for him..guess they are going with Antolin on special teams and back up/import RB.

Tim Brown cut yesterday was surprising..special teams player of the year a few back and always great on returns..strange they couldnt get a trade for him..guess they are going with Antolin on special teams and back up/import RB.

I'm disappointed with the move. Thought having him was one of the justifications for cutting Logan. They're banking a lot on Antolin.

Also, Jordan Rodgers opted out of the team. Says he's not playing football next year. That'll be fine with all the QBs we have at camp though. Was interested to see how he could have done though.

I'm disappointed with the move. Thought having him was one of the justifications for cutting Logan. They're banking a lot on Antolin.

Also, Jordan Rodgers opted out of the team. Says he's not playing football next year. That'll be fine with all the QBs we have at camp though. Was interested to see how he could have done though.

Tim Brown was getting a little too old and his lack of flexibility made him expendable.

I am not worried about KR/PRs anyways. Bigelow, Hawkins and Murray-Lawrence should all be just as good and all will add some versatility to the lineup by being able to play other positions.

• 2 weeks later...

As a former QB, I endorse this sentiment. B)

As a former Linebacker I agree. What about this $200 million lawsuit against the CFL. Do players think the CFL teams have THAT much money? I feel sorry for the players living with concussions, but they could have walked away from the sport at any time.

Paul McCallum requests release from Lions:

The BC Lions announced today that kicker Paul McCallum has requested to be released by the team.

“Paul and I have had ongoing discussions over the past number of seasons regarding his future with the club." Said Lions VP of football operations and GM Wally Buono. "In keeping with what Paul and I discussed, the club will grant his request for a release at this time. We appreciate his many contributions to our organization and we wish him the best moving forward.”

http://bclions.com/article/mccallum-requests-release-from-lions

Paul McCallum requests release from Lions:

The BC Lions announced today that kicker Paul McCallum has requested to be released by the team.

Paul and I have had ongoing discussions over the past number of seasons regarding his future with the club." Said Lions VP of football operations and GM Wally Buono. "In keeping with what Paul and I discussed, the club will grant his request for a release at this time. We appreciate his many contributions to our organization and we wish him the best moving forward.

http://bclions.com/article/mccallum-requests-release-from-lions

Well, they asked him to retire first. This is just him exploring his chances with another team. The guy could still kick last year, accurately at least. His punting was the issue, has been for a while. Maybe they didn't want another year with a designated punter. Lions continuing to show little loyalty to vets.

Well, they asked him to retire first. This is just him exploring his chances with another team. The guy could still kick last year, accurately at least. His punting was the issue, has been for a while. Maybe they didn't want another year with a designated punter. Lions continuing to show little loyalty to vets.

it's sad that this happened, but I'd be happy if he made it to the Riders' camp...

Good to see Wally has not gone soft as I was beginning to wonder.

Guess after last season he had seen enough.

Cleaned out the coaching and several veterans.

McCallum, Brown and Marsh also Logan not what they once were.

Lulay could be in his final season here if he even makes it. He's injury prone Buck Piece 2.0. It's unprecedented to have so many QB's (7-8) in training camp. Obviously hoping to find a gem and the next great one.

I don't get why Lions extended McCallum back in March and suddenly changed their minds and decide he either retires or release him.

Lulay could be in his final season here if he even makes it. He's injury prone Buck Piece 2.0. It's unprecedented to have so many QB's (7-8) in training camp. Obviously hoping to find a gem and the next great one.

I don't get why Lions extended McCallum back in March and suddenly changed their minds and decide he either retires or release him.

It's only a guess, but McCallum has always been accurate although his distance has been getting less and less. It could be that he was starting to show signs of losing his accuracy as well...

The new kicker will fill all three kick jobs by himself, opens a spot for an extra whatever they need.

Agreed. However, I think that's likely a move Wally would have made last year, had he a suitable replacement for kicking field goals. I'm hoping that this move means he's found someone who can do that.

Lions release some players,,,surprised at Partridge being cut..

B.C. Lions

Released from roster:
QB Travis Partridge (international)
DB Torri Williams (international)
DB Derrick Morgan (international)
RB Brendan Bigelow (international)
OL John Estes (international)
OL Kaycee Ike (international)
DL Alex King (international)
Rec Reggie Jordan (international)

Add to roster: DB Jordan Rwiyamilira (national)

Lions release some players,,,surprised at Partridge being cut..

B.C. Lions

Released from roster:

QB Travis Partridge (international)

DB Torri Williams (international)

DB Derrick Morgan (international)

RB Brendan Bigelow (international)

OL John Estes (international)

OL Kaycee Ike (international)

DL Alex King (international)

Rec Reggie Jordan (international)

Add to roster: DB Jordan Rwiyamilira (national)

He had a decent showing from what I saw of him last season but was downright brutal last game. By the sounds of it he just wasn't buying into Tedford's system. He was quickly falling behind on the depth chart.

Edited by Grapefruits

Game day for the Lions at UBC!

Really looking forward to this one even though its pre season. Weather looks like it will be great. Kinda gonna be like the games at Empire a few seasons back.

Lions have this virtual 3D thing now when you go to buy tickets. Give you a pretty accurate view of your seat. Kinda cool!

http://bclions.io-media.com/web/index.html#

Watching the game at UBC like that made for a solid experience. The game itself was underwhelming in a lot of ways, but standing and watching it a few feet from the sidelines and interacting with the team directly was a nice bonus that is hard to replicate.

The O-line still looks like it will be $&!#. QBs all looked pretty good last night.