The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

The turning point, for me, was when we had a chance in the red zone and....that pass to Hatcher that he didn't seem aware of/ready for. He's out there in a good position to block...just run it in behind him. Starting to run with a clear path then abandoning that? Rourke would've been in there for the TD.

We were coming on in the second half but a few plays just really sucked the wind out of the sails. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, gurn said:

Just run the ball, then run the ball some more.

After doing that, run the ball some more.

I didn't like some of the play calling.

2nd down and inches- imo should be treated as a free down, go for lots more yards, if they end up not getting a completion, they have another try to then get the  7 inches they needed.

how many more months will it take to get the special teams working properly?

horrible tackling, letting people escape for an extra 5-6 yards on way to many occasions.

I noticed on a few missed tackles they seemed to be going for the ball moreso than stopping the play.

Yep, horrible tackling.

I think that game illustrates just how important the QB position is in the CFL....

NFL teams can (and have) won on the strength of a great defense, a good running game and a QB who just limits the mistakes. I don't think that works in 3 down football.

What a waste of a terrific season start....<_<

For 2nd place in the division:

Lions game today 4 pm pacific- playing Calgary @ 4 pm pacific; after a Winnipeg  Hamilton game that begins at 1 pm pacific.

Was good to see Edmonton win yesterday, helps to keep Saskatchewan well back of the now struggling Leos.

WEST DIVISION

RK TEAM GP W L T PTS F A HOME AWAY DIV
1  Winnipeg x 13 12 1 0 24 372 249 5-1-0 7-0-0 7-0-0
2  BC 11 8 3 0 16 349 239 4-2-0 4-1-0 5-2-0
3  Calgary 12 8 4 0 16 379 287 3-2-0 5-2-0 4-4-0
4  Saskatchewan 14 6 8 0 12 329 359 3-5-0 3-3-0 3-5-0
5  Edmonton 14 4 10 0 8 288 467 0-6-0 4-4-0 1-9-0

EAST DIVISION

RK TEAM GP W L T PTS F A HOME AWAY DIV
1  Toronto 12 7 5 0 14 288 277 4-3-0 3-2-0 5-2-0
2  Montreal 12 5 7 0 10 315 321 3-3-0 2-4-0 2-3-0
3  Hamilton 12 3 9 0 6 251 330 3-3-0 0-6-0 3-4-0
4  Ottawa 12 3 9 0 6 249 291 0-6-0 3-3-0 2-3-0

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Giulio on 730 sounded like he was going to have a fit while the challenge was going on. :lol:

“No way that’s a P.I!” 

Then he was so hoarse that he sounded like Rick from ‘Rick and Morty’. 

:lol:

I knew a challenge was coming as soon as the ball hit the turf...

It was one of those plays that's just borderline enough that you're not 100% sure how the officials will see it. With the game over anyway, there was no reason for the Stamps not to try, even though the correct call was obviously made....

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

The cops had to get between the Stamps and Lion players near the dressing room/parking lot after the game. Lucky was suckerpunched by a Stamp, and I guess a pack of Lions went looking. At the end of the game they were showing Lucky walking off the field like Bambi. I don't know what started it all, but I'm sure there will be suspensions etc.

Man this stuff is so bush. Need better security at all access points. Remember that Argos player going after fans in Hamilton or Winnipeg I think?

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

The cops had to get between the Stamps and Lion players near the dressing room/parking lot after the game. Lucky was suckerpunched by a Stamp, and I guess a pack of Lions went looking. At the end of the game they were showing Lucky walking off the field like Bambi. I don't know what started it all, but I'm sure there will be suspensions etc.

According to a tweet Lucky put out after the game, it was Cameron Judge.....

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Happy to see Rourke on the sidelines and in the room celebrating the win. He's their biggest cheerleader and I'm sure they're even more determined to win for (and without) him.

You bet they are! I'm going to be cheering this team on from Honolulu for the next month, so get out to the games. My tickets are already spoken for. Watch for my grand daughter giving her all to the Lions dance team in the game vs the Red Blacks. She's doing a bit of a routine with them, all 8 years old of her.

• Like 3