The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I agree, I doubt it will happen anytime soon aswell.

And speaking of watching goaltenders implode. How great would it be if this injury affects Riemer like the concussion affected him last year.

He comes back after a solid start, plays like crap, Leafs choke and miss the playoffs. Would be the dream. ::D

errr .. No. I keep it on the DL because of all the hatred for them around here, but I grew up in Toronto and still have a soft spot for them. Enough of my high school friends are still living there cheering for them that it'd be nice to see them make the playoffs at least.

And I wouldn't ever wish a serious injury on a player no matter what I think of them/their team.

No big deal. For me one of the big things is that I was on Yonge St. when Canada won gold in 2002, and I was on Robson when we won in 2010 - no contest, Yonge was a way crazier scene. Even the cops were partying. So I can imagine even getting into the playoffs or winning a single round would be massive for the city.

My biggest dilemma these days is that I hate so many of their core players, especially Phaneuf and Kessel, to want to see them succeed. But they're still too harmless to worry about facing in the finals ( or rather, if it somehow did come down to a Van-Tor final, it'd be easy street for us) that I wouldn't mind seeing them hit the post-season.

And, to bring it back to the Lu trade, some of the other options out there (realistically I think Philly, Florida, NYI and Washington) would offer us much better returns, so I'm more interested in seeing their goaltending situations continue to flounder.

I agree we have to trade Luo and have been saying sooner then later.I'd be happy if we got a good young player, a first rounder and maybe a third or fourth.We do not need any more players to help the team, we have more then enough.If we could get a second trade in with ballard as a few teams need a D man I'd do that as well, throw in a raymond and try to sign higgins for two years and gte a good backup with one of the trades.To me this year and next I think is our best chance at getting the cup, after that I'd trade everyone over 30 and start over.We cant keep our players forever so I'd be planning on that if I was MG!!

wait till the offseason, imagine both of them in the playoffs! 1 sits watches what the team will do, next game throw him in there, 1 in 1 out. think of the other team scouting 2 goalies instead of 1, they'll be second guessing themselves. plus the long play off run we will have fresh goalies all the time

wait till the offseason, imagine both of them in the playoffs! 1 sits watches what the team will do, next game throw him in there, 1 in 1 out. think of the other team scouting 2 goalies instead of 1, they'll be second guessing themselves. plus the long play off run we will have fresh goalies all the time

oh ya btw this thread went for crap ages ago. Im just replying to what ppl posted i know this is suppose to be a luongo thread, but not much to talk about.

MG is firm on his price, he says he will ride both goalies all year. Wel hey fine and dandy come summer time you damn well know 29gms will offer even less if we still have Luo. So if thats a calculated risk MG is gonna take i sure hope it works out then and we get a great return. Because that is waht we should be getting for an elite goalie not getting scraps cuz we need to dump cap or start buying players on our team out or hinder our ability to sign free agents. Cuz nobody knows who may become a FA in july with compliancy buyouts and it would be nice to have some cap flexibility wouldnt it?

Well; Thanks for the response. My defence is I played several media interviews which referenced Lou clearly inferring he wanted out. Me, i thought / still think that a guy asking out, lets use not happy versus pouting, who just got a fat contract is putting us on the spot for his own agenda. I cut the slant on trash talk.

If u have a reference to this Galagher article, I'm out of the country, I would appreciate it? Your saying it will say Hodgson's agent planted it, not just that Galagher reported it and kept his source private?

Personally I heard lots of speculation he wanted out. But there were lots of concepts as to why...

I did read your post. And sorry for my long post, I tried to split it into smaller sections to make it easier to read. :P:lol:

I don't agree we were pushed around against LA, I just think we didn't show up, when we played our game we were hitting and were just as tough as them.

Our toughness, physicality, exc. Has really improved as I said. And when you look at the other top teams around the league (Aside from Boston who I think is a bit above everyone in this category) who is significantly tougher than us? No one really, we hard the same toughness, physicality, exc. As all the top contenders, LA, St.Louis, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Go down the list. We are just as physical and tough as all of them really. I think this is all being overblown. Our playoff failure has been scoring, injuries and inconsistent play. Not toughness.

Archived