The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are we gun shy to pull the trigger on deals.

CanuckleHorse

Gillis is no longer as bold as he once was. Though the Sundin deal may not have been the smartest move, it brought this team character and generated excitement. It was starting to pay off in the playoffs, as well. We haven't seen Gillis make such bold moves since then, however. It's as if his philosophy has changed.

I suspect he is gunshy, and that was an easy conclusion for me to arrive at. He claimed he thought Kassian would help the team during last year's playoffs, yet to date AV has shown little interest in giving him much of a role on the team. Some of his more recent transactions have also been questionable.

You gotta wonder about the information hes getting from the people hes hired to assess any potential trades, and whether MG still has the same amount of confidence in them.

Look how bad our team is doing without Bieksa? CDC is constantly complaining about how we don't have enough RH d-men...

Would you have traded him for the guy who was a 40 point player? Also, JVR is shooting an unsustainable 16% atm

You honestly would have traded Edler for JVR.... honestly? Philly wanted a young d-man with similar upside (something we don't have). So we would have likely had to move one of our big 3 (Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler which is a no-go).

He is also shooting an unsustainable 16%, so the goals are an outlying number.

making trades is most difficult when you sign Luongo to that contract

Trading Booter was hard for Tallon because of his contract

trading Ohlund, Mitchell, Salo and Malholtra is hard because of their ntc contracts

If you look at what the Canucks paid for Booter, a similar return (underpayment) should be expected for Lou

making trades is most difficult when you sign Luongo to that contract

Trading Booter was hard for Tallon because of his contract

trading Ohlund, Mitchell, Salo and Malholtra is hard because of their ntc contracts

If you look at what the Canucks paid for Booter, a similar return (underpayment) should be expected for Lou

Jagr for one.

Also if I had been MG and heard Van Reimsdyk was available I would have made it happen. It is not that players are not available so much as Gillis can't prioritise his roster to get them.

Of course you have to give something good up but MG seems to think he can't part with anyone.

Luo has been on the block since June and every other team is a potential suitor.

So,nine months later it is obvious Gillis should have figured out Luo was never the problem and the personnel problems that need attention he has failed to address.

Archived