The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Canucks have won the cup if it was Tampa Bay instead of Boston in the final?

Canuckler87

Coulda, woulda, shoulda i know. But the lightning were an overtime goal away from facing us in the final 2 years ago. I think we would've won that series cause Tampa Bay was a skill team like San Jose with star-power. More wide open & their goaltending was above-average instead of stellar. I think it would've been an offensive final & our skill would've overcome theirs.

Absolutely. We would have lit up their goalie and shoddy defence. Scoring was the difference in the SCF, Chara dominated the Sedins and Kesler was invisible.

Essentially we were 1 goal away from winning the Cup, and that was Game 7 of the Boston-Tampa Bay series.

I wanted to play Boston. I assumed their offense would be too weak to win against us. We beat Nashville, a similar team, so I assume we could beat Boston.

I could also look and say, hey we'd beat the Lightning. We could score way more than them. Look, we beat San Jose by outscoring them, so why couldn't we do that against the Lightning?

I just don't know. Both would've been very difficult.

Archived