The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

No sense looking for old articles; LA was a pre-season favourite and were by far the hottest team coming into the second season. Admittedly, we were hot too, and awaiting Danny's return.

How about a comment on the fundamentals assessment. Key one; no Norris calibre D > either Letang/Pietrangelo/Doughty/Kieth puck rushing D or Pronger/Chara physical stud. Key 2; how do we match up physically? I do grant that our secondary scoring could light up adding Roy to get Raymond, Kassian, Hansen and Higgins going...

And the teams that won cups in the last 3 years were never part of those cup favorites in the years they won either.

LA was never a concensus cup favorite. Sorry but that`s just a lie. There may have been some people that thought they were contenders, but no one ever called them favorites.

I don't know how to respond to this, too much truth!

But I'm in Australia atm. Here guys cry, go in denial, then get in a bar fight with a stranger... :ph34r:

If Luo had been traded it would have ended all our fun.

We still have Luo, and we still have our threads.

Win. Win.

alright. Now let's stick to the original plan 2 seasons ago, trade Cory and honor the original intention of the Lu's contract and keep him as a canucks for life....

is this too much to ask for the best goaltender in the franchise?

Your wrong Chicago ,Pittsburgh and Boston where all considered real threats or contender what ever term you want to use .

The issue with this years Canucks is they look old and tired most nights , Tired teams have a hard time getting shots on net and dont hit and its just plain obvious With the worst travel schedule and condensed season and combined with age there just not playing well and its not going to get any easier in the playoffs

I think in the summer of 2014 we'll re-sign Schneider and make a great deal for Lou as the cap goes up $10 mill on the back of massive returning ratings in the US with NYR, Pitt,Anaheim and Chicago all make finals appearances...

Your going to have to find where I said he was untouchable period.

For Luongo yes. I said that and I stand by it. No chance we were ever getting him for Luongo. In that context yes. I believe he was always untradable to us for Roberto Luongo.

But for the right price and the right need he was available.

Stop painting me in a place I never went to.

Here's toronto's problem. I've been following this for over since the summer, Toronto has yet to make us a serious offer. How the hell do we expect something with Toronto? I totally understand the contract length. But cmon! The best they did was Luke Schenn. All their important players are untouchable. It's impossible for us to even make a trade with them!

Deniro is right C S.

The Kings finished 7th in 2011, 8th in 2012 - they weren't favorites at any point - perhaps they were favorites going into the third round...

The Canucks weren't hot either - they were limping into the playoffs, kind of like this recent 6-0 run. Playing well enough to win and getting great goaltending, but not exactly "hot".

Archived