The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Forward Depth an Issue?

MLT

Just got to thinking about this. Higgins is out. We have 1 injury up front and Weise slots into the top 9?

Weise not looking that good with Roy and Hansen. Don't get me wrong i like Weise alot. He is fast, uses is body, perfect for the fourth line. Not so much on the third... He does not have the hands or vision to be playing with Roy.

There is no way we go through a deep playoff run without at LEAST 1 injured forward. I'm not liking having to slot Weise into the top 9 if ONE forward goes down.

Am i missing something here? Where's Schroeder?

I would rather see..

Sedins- Bur

Kassian - Kes - Roy

Hansen - Schroeder - Raymond

That third line has been much more successful this year, and very fast.

Well you can't have depth where everybody has someone to replace. Having said that we need 1-2 more depth players like weise. Big,fast,and uses body. But with like 2 forwards injured which are top 6 we still look good (top nine.) We shouldn't have 3 decent lines anyways like most teams don't.

In a game like tonight that we can likely win against an even more injured, depleted and inferior opponent, we aren't going to call up a prospect just to worry about our depth. The Wolves were also playing tonight and are trying to get into the playoffs so allowing them to keep some depth was a consideration as well. Schroeder wouldn't have been the difference maker in this one anyway.

It would be nice to have one more top 9 forward on the wing just in case.

Jensen isn't ready, and Schroeder can't play wing. So that leaves Sweatt as the only call up we have. And I don't know how mch of an upgrade he would be over Weise on the third line.

Lets just hope Higgins gets back and is healthy.

Depth is the only thing the Canucks have going for them right now.

Not a star player over a point per game, no star on defence, and all due respect to Schneider but he won't end up in the Vezina nominations. We don't have star players like we did in 2011, but we have better depth than ever before.

20 goal scorers playing on our 3rd line, including a 60-80 point center. No other team has that depth.

9 NHL defencemen under contract, with a guy like Vandermeer having to play in the minors. Not many teams have that.

2 starting goalies. No other team has that.

If the Canucks can win a Cup this season it'll be because of their depth. Give MG full marks for turning this team around from the thin team in 2011 to this much deeper squad.

Just got to thinking about this. Higgins is out. We have 1 injury up front and Weise slots into the top 9?

Weise not looking that good with Roy and Hansen. Don't get me wrong i like Weise alot. He is fast, uses is body, perfect for the fourth line. Not so much on the third... He does not have the hands or vision to be playing with Roy.

There is no way we go through a deep playoff run without at LEAST 1 injured forward. I'm not liking having to slot Weise into the top 9 if ONE forward goes down.

Am i missing something here? Where's Schroeder?

I would rather see..

Sedins- Bur

Kassian - Kes - Roy

Hansen - Schroeder - Raymond

That third line has been much more successful this year, and very fast.

Not when we have "Smooth Hands Ballard" available to play wing. Wouldn't mind seeing him on a line with Roy and Hansen. The forecheck on that line would be insane and just think about the number of goals they would almost score.

Archived