The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob McKenzie: "I expect the Vancouver Canucks to make a coaching change"

i'd be willing to compromise and accept hamhuis as a bonafide #2 and garrison as a 2-3 guy, but the reality is not a single one of the 6 is a game changer. none of them can control a game from the back end, none of them can quarterback a powerplay, none of them are physically dominating or intimidating, none of them worry other teams offensively or in the transition game.

it's something virtually every legitimate cup contender needs.

so what the hell do you want then?  He did apparently go after Hossa, he also went after Demitra, Sundin, and he actually made a play for Ryan Malone back then.  What the hell do you want?  Sydney crosby? Jagr? Igina?   He made an offer to Shea Weber but Weber turned it down.  What do you want?

so what the hell do you want then? He did apparently go after Hossa, he also went after Demitra, Sundin, and he actually made a play for Ryan Malone back then. What the hell do you want? Sydney crosby? Jagr? Igina? He made an offer to Shea Weber but Weber turned it down. What do you want?

The expiration date on the coaching staff was at the end of last year's playoffs. This year (and playoffs) the team just went through the motions and it predictably ended up in dismal failure.

AV is a solid coach, there is no doubt about it...however the saturation point has been reached and this team needs a new motivator. Will this happen? Bob seems to think so....i'm not so sure.

Our biggest issue was scoring. PP and 5-on-5. We seem to focus too much on defensive posture and less on attacking the net. That to me is a coaching issue. If you have been watching the Playoffs you'll notice the successful teams play a good defensive game but also attack the net hard. If AV can't or won't make that adjustment to our game then he needs to go.

Our biggest issue was scoring. PP and 5-on-5. We seem to focus too much on defensive posture and less on attacking the net. That to me is a coaching issue. If you have been watching the Playoffs you'll notice the successful teams play a good defensive game but also attack the net hard. If AV can't or won't make that adjustment to our game then he needs to go.

Our forwards aren't built to "attack the net". Who, other than Kassian, is in that category? The Sedins? Ha ha. Burrows is too small. Kesler isn't big enough, either. Nor are Higgins, Hansen, or Raymond. Booth is always injured. Roy wasn't brought in as a banger. Then we have the same body types down the middle in Ebbett and Schroeder. Vigneault can't make his forwards put on twenty pounds of muscle overnight.

Have you been watching the Playoffs? There are plenty of "small" players attacking the net. You seem to mistake crashing the net with attacking. We play from the corners out. Too much time in the corners and not enough time going to the front. Instead of setting up in the corners we need to take the puck to the front with numbers. You make it sound as if only big goons can go to the front. Plus our transition game needs improving.

so what the hell do you want then? He did apparently go after Hossa, he also went after Demitra, Sundin, and he actually made a play for Ryan Malone back then. What the hell do you want? Sydney crosby? Jagr? Igina? He made an offer to Shea Weber but Weber turned it down. What do you want?

Archived