The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Or will play on the farm where he should?

I like that AV is gone but I was hoping that MG would be gone as well. MG is here for another year or he would have been the first to go.

Kassian scored 5 goals in his first 7 games with the Twins then was dumped to bounce around the other lines for the rest of the season. Yup, sounds like a good coach to me. You need youth to perform and contribute to win. Have you watched the playoffs this year? Every team left has had a young guy step up and contribute just like Kassian is capable if used correctly and given a chance.

That shouldn't matter to a new coach. Certainly he's going to make up his own mind on a player, rather than carry on the trends of a guy who just got fired...

...or are you just making excuses beforehand?

I meant because of AV Gillis will probably buy him out or move him, because to Gillis he is a waste of 4mil sitting out.

what like he is actually going to hold the players accountable? Is that really so much to expect out of this coach.He mismanaged this team along with his associates and rather than do something like change their system he just watched the team piss away 2 years of contention while chewing his stupid gum.

We can all allude to specific examples of things he did that made us scratch our heads. But his inabilty to motivate the players to actually show up for 2 straight playoff series now will ultimately be the main reason.

Prime example the twins lighting it up on international ice..difference in game aside that was the most tuned in I've seen the twins all year. Why do you think that is?

They were playing a system that allowed them freedom to be themselves with the puck.

Larger ice surface, less clutching and grabbing, better team mate, teams of lesser quality (dmen) than nhl playoff teams.

The best part of this is that it shows Gillis is really to make that big move; hopefully one of many this off-season.

Not really this is more of a move Gills could only make to save his own a$$. I still don't think next year we will be so much better. I expect a mediocre season and then Gills getting axed.

Wooo hooo. Good job by AV but thank goodness we can all move on.

Newell and Bowness were garbage in my not so humble opinion as well. So happy Brown is gone, and our defence sucked too so good riddance.

I meant because of AV Gillis will probably buy him out or move him, because to Gillis he is a waste of 4mil sitting out.

Then he'll just do it for another team. There are 29 other GMs in the league. Not all of them can possibly be as blind as AV.

Heck, maybe Gillis agrees with you and will make sure that Ballard has a spot by moving one of the inferior lefty D-men that sat ahead of KB4 in the Canucks' depth chart...

Whom ever the canucks hire, he better have a proven record with developing YOUNG players. And bring a whole new

level of compete to this tired Core.. (A seahawks coach pete Carroll Type)

But Has Never been involved with the Canucks organization (NEW BLOOD and attitude)

the assistants - one of them should be a former Good Player, who has followed and analyzed the team for the past 5-10 years (a Gary Valk, John garrett type <---- NOT SAYING either of those guys.. just their involvement and passion for this team)

and is familiar with the Talent we have and what we are lacking.

Needs a Big Voice.

other assistant - should be a larry robionson type (stats tracker, on the fly change up type coach)

I agree that AV was/is a good coach.

After settling down emotionally from the first round sweep of the Sharks (2 weeks and a little bit ago now). AV did a lot of good for this franchise. I think given more time, he could've eventually won a Stanley Cup with this organization. Note, I did not say, with these players, but with this organization. There are some good young prospects coming up the pipeline (i.e. Jensen, Kassian, Gaunce, Schroeder, Corrado, etc) - and that bodes well for the future of the club.

AV is not going to have a hard time finding another job. I do believe Dallas is a prime landing spot. Can't imagine the Avs hiring AV (I think they're in for Roy). But if Dallas and Vancouver were to ever meet up in the postseason - boy that'd be an interesting series for sure.

If Dallas Eakins is indeed coming to Vancouver, and that fails. Gillis will have nowhere to hide. Because the next coach is his

hiring. It was his choice. This Summer isn't going to be dull, that's for sure. Let's see what happens.

Larger ice surface, less clutching and grabbing, better team mate, teams of lesser quality (dmen) than nhl playoff teams.

better teammates umm no.. the clutching and grabbing is a BS excuse lesser players have fought through it and been more dominant..its the same with everyteam in the playoffs..every teams best player should still be their best when the game gets more difficult because if they're not they might as well just go home after the regular season.

I'm sure people like you will change their tune if the next coach is worse and the canucks fizzle out next season.

Uhh, we fizzled out this season.

You think 2 years of first round exits is a success?

AV no longer had the ability to motivate the team. That was pretty obvious against LA last year. There's a reason why coaches never coach more than 5 or 6 years. Especially if we're going to keep the same core together.

Archived