The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I've changed my mind about having the Fonz coach the Canucks, I think he might be exactly what the Canucks need right now. I don't expect he'll be around as long as AV because he will drive some people nuts after a while but man would it be entertaining.

The Aquilinis probably love the idea of Travolterella too, given the fact that his name ends in a vowel.

I'd be happy with Stevens as well.

I think Stevens is the safer bet. Torts in Vancouver could deteriorate into a gong show pretty quickly if he isn't winning. At the end of the day I prefer a Canadian coach. I am not anti American. If I were to overweight a team it would be with Canadians since their lives center on this game and their development through juniors support that. Quite possible that ship has sailed long ago. It doesn't change my disappointment that Van has not drafted or signed more players from Western Canada.

I would greatly appreciate seeing Torts run the on ice operations of the Canucks. If you forget the post game pressers, which is just entertainment and nothing more, the actual running of the team, J.T. is the man that can, I think, add a net positive multiplyer to the teams chances.

Team=79

Torts multiplies that by 1.1

team under torts= 87

^visual of what it is I am saying.

I don't think Torts will get the job unless the owner insists on him. I think there would be friction between him and Gillis before long. It would be entertaining though. I still think Gillis has be let go. As long as he is there as well as others in management there will be problems that affect the team negatively. Of course the addition of Torts would probably speed up the process. All of this doesn't look too promising for Canuck fans. Ted Nolan would shake it up good plus he is a great coach.

I don't think Torts will get the job unless the owner insists on him. I think there would be friction between him and Gillis before long. It would be entertaining though. I still think Gillis has be let go. As long as he is there as well as others in management there will be problems that affect the team negatively. Of course the addition of Torts would probably speed up the process. All of this doesn't look too promising for Canuck fans. Ted Nolan would shake it up good plus he is a great coach.

Why do you think Ted Nolan is so great?

Yes Torts won a cup, but my goodness that was a long time ago now. Like Keenan, he will soon be one of those coaches who will not be able to get a job in the NHL. Sure, he may change his tactics a bit, however I am worried about this. Eakins would have been a better fit in my opinion.

I could care less if Torts won a cup or not and find that to be a over rated thing to use as a consideration when looking for a coach because not all coaches are fortunate enough to have a good enough team to contend for a cup and no system will make a team a contender if the right talent and lucky bounces dont go there way

Tortarella and his attitude with the media would keep me interested in what new distraction he was creating everyday while the product on the ice would be about as exciting to watch as paint drying .

I think Tortarella in a hockey market like Vancouver is an absolute mistake but if your looking for off ice drama it will least keep the team interesting and good for a laugh

I can't hear you very well from the corner but you were wrong and it was clearly making you pretty upset. Your posts were getting more and more stupid and seemingly more and more angry and irrational.

Exactly the kind of lame response I would expect from someone with 17,800 posts. It's really boring slapping you in the face in response to your drivel.

Exactly the kind of lame response I would expect from someone with 17,800 posts. It's really boring slapping you in the face in response to your drivel.

Thats silly to say, considering you were politely referenced to information contrary to your AV bias in your comments.

And you are trying to defend and bait/argue your misinformed opinion with some users?

Seriously duder.

Frankly I think the media is making educated guesses and little more. That they "know" those are the 4 "final" candidates...bah!

Torts and Stevens are coming back for 2nd interview. Haven't heard if Ruff is coming back for a 2nd interview.

Arniel is not even being seriously considered. Part of the process.

If Arniel becomes the head coach I am gonna go cheer for the Bruins.

He won't. It's really down to Torts, Stevens, Ruff. Tippett ain't coming available and if he were too, I don't see him coming over. Could see him returning to Dallas.

Lebrun says final 4 coaching candidates are Torts, Ruff, Arniel, Stevens, unless Tippett becomes available.

Tippett is no longer available. He agreed to a new contract with the Yotes.

In other news Blashill and the Griffins are in danger of blowing a 3-0 series lead right now. If they can pull out a win tonight I would imagine he gets serious consideration as an assistant.

MG should be visiting these coaches in their homes and cities, IMO.

If you really want to get to know somebody, spend a day with them. Eat, drink, chat, watch a junior or minor league game together. This interview process seems too formal.

Thats silly to say, considering you were politely referenced to information contrary to your AV bias in your comments.

And you are trying to defend and bait/argue your misinformed opinion with some users?

Seriously duder.

Politely? you guys should read back your posts, hypocrite. You don't mind calling anyone a moron just because they disagree with you, but you sure can't handle it when it comes your way.

end of story.

Archived