The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis Extending Burrows Was A Great Move

TheRussianRocket.

He may have been worth it in the past but the question is can he continue that caliber of play through the 4 years of the contract.

Gillis is basically paying him back for the bargain he gave the team in his last contract.

It's not a steal, but it is a fair deal. That is for sure. Find him to play better (well at least more consistent) than Kesler. Then again that is a bit unfair as Kesler does get his wingers shuffled every game, injuries, etc.

This was one of Gillis's better moves.

Having said that I am still not enamoured by his proliferation of NTC's. It seems to me they have only backed him into a corner and made any leeway we might have had for getting out of this mess practically non existent.

This was one of Gillis's better moves.

Having said that I am still not enamoured by his proliferation of NTC's. It seems to me they have only backed him into a corner and made any leeway we might have had for getting out of this mess practically non existent.

Burrows is the teams number one battler and brings enough skill to play top 6. Perhaps not the quintissential top line guy, but who cares!

When, both this year and last, he has been shifted around onto other lines he has brought up the play of whomever he has played with.

A perfect roster move would be to find a gun big RW to play with the Twins.

But Burr would immediately make line 2 more dangerous with the passing and puck control he learned from the Twins. We want more guys like Burrows, not less!

I really think the Canucks need to bite the bullet for the year coming up with regards to the cap, after than it will skyrocket year by year.

Trade a goalie, my preference is schneider, but trade one for a skilled forward

Twins Kassian

Kes/Bur with Booth

Higgins Hansen with a center, maybe Schroeder

Jensen and Lappierre with a deserving big winger

After this coming season the cap will go up and give us relief.

He may have been worth it in the past but the question is can he continue that caliber of play through the 4 years of the contract.

Gillis is basically paying him back for the bargain he gave the team in his last contract.

This is the $64 million question. I have a feeling it will all be (slowly) downhill from here on in and as long as he's a Canuck we will never get a fair shake from the refs. His value is as high as it will ever be so much as I hate to say it (he HAS been our #1 money player for a couple of years now) we should trade him.

This is the $64 million question. I have a feeling it will all be (slowly) downhill from here on in and as long as he's a Canuck we will never get a fair shake from the refs. His value is as high as it will ever be so much as I hate to say it (he HAS been our #1 money player for a couple of years now) we should trade him.

You don't do this.

You don't buckle to corruption, you stand up against it. They'd just pick on Lappy if Burr was gone. Kes.

Burr's done a great job of changing his game and they won't be able to continue targeting him like they have. Other teams are also focusing on poor officiating and they'll be forced to address it soon, as it's not just one team/guy crying foul anymore.

Burr's here to stay - count on it.

I like the contract, though I think it's a little expensive. I'm not a fan of the NTC either, but so be it.

At the very least he gives his best every game, and at least tries to play like a 4.5M player. And it's only four years, so we're still getting his best hockey. He's not just a production player either, he does other things well.

There are much worse contracts out there to complain about.

Archived