The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo still undecided on returning to Vancouver, exploring options

I don't know what was promised to Luo, but if MG promised him a guaranteed trade if he towed the "good back up goalie" image for awhile (e.g. a year) and then bailed because he didn't like the deal, I would absolutely do everything within my powers as Luongo to make my contract void.

If you can't take a guy at his word the first time, why would you come back a second time around assuming he's telling the truth the second time?

This is stupid , he is obviously playing for us this year, and he is obviously going to be the same ol Lui, consistent and great, while making some electrifying saves and ensuring we are a competitive team in this league

I hope he quits. Forcing people to play a game when they don't want to be there is stupid in my opinion. If your heart isn't in it you're not going to be playing at your best. Either that or I think it would be funny if played to collect a paycheck and just sucked on purpose.

I hope he quits. Forcing people to play a game when they don't want to be there is stupid in my opinion. If your heart isn't in it you're not going to be playing at your best. Either that or I think it would be funny if played to collect a paycheck and just sucked on purpose.

I watched the video and his reply about Shnides was just a joke and the media once again took it and twisted it....then ALL the drama queens of CDC got riled up...falling prey to the media as easily as they usually do...so unless we hear it strait from Luo he is still a Canuck and from his other interviews he is always willing to honor his contract....

I watched the video and his reply about Shnides was just a joke and the media once again took it and twisted it....then ALL the drama queens of CDC got riled up...falling prey to the media as easily as they usually do...so unless we hear it strait from Luo he is still a Canuck and from his other interviews he is always willing to honor his contract....

You assume far too much.

Luongo thought he was all but gone. Now he has to get his head around the idea that he's not.

He's a professional. When he comes to camp he'll be all in to win. Saying otherwise proves a complete lack of knowledge of Luongo's character.

I saw a tweet somewhere by Bob McKenzie stating that yes, Luongo could do the same thing. However, he would forfeit the money left on his contract.

The question is, A)Is he willing to forego that money? B)Is he willing to sit out? C)Is he willing to play in the KHL, or other professional league? (hard to imagine him doing so, if he wants to be closer to his Florida home)

Yeah. Really.

The entire reason for all of this nonsense happening is due to MG trying to cover up one mistake after another with brand new mistakes. It's not hate, it's love. He is effing with the team I love. I want him to pay for that. It reminds me of the massive bank bailouts that happened here is the US. Im still pissed off that a bunch of fat, rich white guys are not paying for their greed. Gillis is mirroring that scenario and instead of taking the responsibility, he's mortgaged the team to save his own ass.

Hey, I juts traded away a bnch of draft picks, I can make up for that by trading away someone else.

Rob Peter to pay Paul.

And no, I am not an AV fan. I never have been. Not even for 5 minutes, dude.

First post on the site but I've been lurking a while to see how things flow. My thoughts on this are that Lou is diverting himself, waiting for his condo to sell and quietly urging his agent to ensure the Canucks are talking to other teams so there is no forced return to Vancouver. I imagine some sideways money will have to float this scenario but it is by far the most likely.

I don't think it's about the team as much as it's about the man, the family and the general perception of MG and Lou. I've worked on a lot of contracts (not hockey) and much happens beneath the surface - though my family was involved in the sport for a LONG time. Anyway that's my rookie opinion and it's nice to have a forum to bounce ideas around. We'll see what happens

Cheers

Archived