The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edler trade to the Jets

So we are going to rip Winnipeg off.

And talk Edler into waiving his NTC before he even plays a single game on his new contract.

To go to Winnipeg, a team with minimal playoff chances, and along with Edmonton, a city nobody wants to move to.

If Kane demands and insists on being traded, which I think he already did. Also, he's from Vancouver, right? Great fit. Nice addition to our top-6. But Scheifele? We're already getting a potential franchise superstar who is capable of putting up remarkable numbers. What is he, 21? Still reaallly young! Kane would be fine alone IMO. Edler is great, but the cap we let go of is good itself not to include again, we get Kane. If we add maybe a Schroeder+?? or a 1st+Sauve? Or something like that, they may consider it. Fact of the matter is we're underpaying, in other words, we completely rob them. I think we could get Tanev for about 1.5M. Think about it, when the cap was 70m, then he would be worth around 1.8M. But with the cap dropping almost 10m, he's not worth anywhere more than 1.5m. Not saying he doesn't deserve it though.

Hehe... Kane is already a total superstar and will be for the next 13-14 years if not more. If we can steal him for Burrows, Edler and Schroeder we should do it in a heartbeat.

Sedins - Kassian

Kane - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Sestito - Santorelli/Richardson - Jensen

Corrado replaces Edler's spot on the top four and with a stellar Lu in net this is a serious contender.

Doubt that anyone would part with Kane though. But man if they do I would get his jersey for sure!

Oh... And bring Lucic home too! :bigblush::towel::frantic::emot-parrot::canucks:

Why does everyone, when trading for a teams great player, always managed to also throw in the other team's best prospect for little value?

It's fine if you want to build around a trade for Kane/Edler (though I'm not sure why this does much for Winnipeg). But what would be the Jets motivation for also moving their best prospect? They certainly don't need to do it to move Kane.

It would be more likely Edler and Horvat for Kane.

Hehe... Kane is already a total superstar and will be for the next 13-14 years if not more. If we can steal him for Burrows, Edler and Schroeder we should do it in a heartbeat.

Sedins - Kassian

Kane - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Sestito - Santorelli/Richardson - Jensen

Corrado replaces Edler's spot on the top four and with a stellar Lu in net this is a serious contender.

Doubt that  anyone would part with Kane though. But man if they do I would get his jersey for sure!

Oh... And bring Lucic home too! :bigblush::towel::frantic::emot-parrot::canucks:

A number of people are missing the main point of why this trade would not happen. Winnipeg doesn't need defence, and trading offence (something they do need) to get more defence is a terrible option for them. Just because people are using Edler as a main trade chip doesn't mean other teams want him for what we'd want in return.

They would want Edler and Horvat and a pick most likely for both of them..

If we could swing a deal that revolved around Edler and Kane though, there is no way you wouldnt have Kane skating with the sedins, would beast with them.

If Kane demands and insists on being traded, which I think he already did. Also, he's from Vancouver, right? Great fit. Nice addition to our top-6. But Scheifele? We're already getting a potential franchise superstar who is capable of putting up remarkable numbers. What is he, 21? Still reaallly young! Kane would be fine alone IMO. Edler is great, but the cap we let go of is good itself not to include again, we get Kane. If we add maybe a Schroeder+?? or a 1st+Sauve? Or something like that, they may consider it. Fact of the matter is we're underpaying, in other words, we completely rob them. I think we could get Tanev for about 1.5M. Think about it, when the cap was 70m, then he would be worth around 1.8M. But with the cap dropping almost 10m, he's not worth anywhere more than 1.5m. Not saying he doesn't deserve it though.

Archived