The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Snubbed for Canada's Olympic Orientation?

JamesB

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fair enough, but out of 47 players (42 skaters), 17 defencemen made the list. Last season, among Canadian D's, Garrison was 3rd in plus/minus and 9th in goals.

See http://www.nhl.com/i...ewName=summary.

He is big, can play a physical game, and is good on the PK and PP and can play shutdown and has a great shot.

How does he not make the top 17?

As soon as I saw the list I knew there would be a thread here whining about it. At least most posters have to good sense to realize no o e else deserved an invite and no one has brought up any insane anti-Canuck conspiracy theories yet.

Team Canada got it right. I don't think Hamhuis will make it unless he really steps it up in camp, there are too many guys ahead of him, although he might have an outside chance as a 7th defenseman. Luongo is basically a lock.

Nobody was snubbed and our team will be well represented. Hansen, Edler, Sedin and Sedin, and at least two other guys plus Gaunce Horvat Shinkaruk Corrado and possibly Subban going to the WJC. We are well represented.

Burrows was bordline on deserving an invite, but definitly wasn't the most obvious snub from the list (that award goes to Ward and Ignila). I'm happy Hamhuis got an invite actually didn't think he would although he deserves it. Overall, I don't really think the Canucks got snubed but still voted for Burrows.

I don't think anyone was snubbed, after looking at the list of forwards, I cannot think of one player on the list I would take off for Burrows to be there, on defence, I see a few names that I personally would not have invited, Subban, Letang, Alzner, Phaneuf. However, I can see why they were chosen, Hammer should make the team, will likely start as the #7 guy and when weak teams light up the likes of Subban and Letang, he'll end up on the second pairing settling down the backend. Bobby Lu will be the starter, I don't see anyone taking that from the defending Gold medalist.

Luongo is really the only Canadian that deserves to be there. If Hamhuis makes it, it will only be due to lots of injuries or declines. Burrows is overrated when you have centres who can be just as effective but can also take faceoffs.

Archived