The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Snubbed for Canada's Olympic Orientation?

JamesB

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't say snubbed.. even if Burrows and/or Garrison got an invite they'd never make the team - that's not an indictment of them as much as a testament to how deep Canada's roster is. Hamhuis, on the other hand, benefits from being a rare Lefty on D for Canada and is a great skater and smart play maker which helps on the big ice. He's not a top 7 Canadian defense man in the league but would be a good security blanket as a 7 D man on a team loaded with offensive talent.

Whine and overate. There are 32 teams in the NHL. If every team had 2 players selected, that would make 64. Vancouver got their share invited. The Sedins and Edler are also going. Kessler will also be going. Why are you whining when there is really nothing to complain about. Get over it for God's sake. And we wonder why Vancouver fans are called whiners.

I don't think anyone was snubbed, after looking at the list of forwards, I cannot think of one player on the list I would take off for Burrows to be there, on defence, I see a few names that I personally would not have invited, Subban, Letang, Alzner, Phaneuf. However, I can see why they were chosen, Hammer should make the team, will likely start as the #7 guy and when weak teams light up the likes of Subban and Letang, he'll end up on the second pairing settling down the backend. Bobby Lu will be the starter, I don't see anyone taking that from the defending Gold medalist.

Whine and overate. There are 32 teams in the NHL. If every team had 2 players selected, that would make 64. Vancouver got their share invited. The Sedins and Edler are also going. Kessler will also be going. Why are you whining when there is really nothing to complain about. Get over it for God's sake. And we wonder why Vancouver fans are called whiners.

Archived