The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We know what other fans think of us.

5Fivehole0

Canuck fan base  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No.... just because they got more pp's means nothing... the Canucks' discipline was horrible that series... they got out skated and out worked and had to take penalties to slow the Sharks down.. Even if not one PP was called that entire series the Sharks still would have won.

I think most of the sensible fans just aren't as vocal as the extreme and ridiculous fans. We get a bad rep because of that latter group. As for the officiating, I didn't really buy into the whole "we take more penalties because they hate us" mentality until the series with the sharks this year. I still can not believe that Daniel got 2 and a game for a clean shoulder to shoulder hit on tommy wingles, same with Bieksa's hit behind the net. Man did that guy ever go down easily...

Generally speaking the fan base isn't great. Players are often hated or disrespected by fans for what they have done for the team i.e. Luongo. These are the fans that are talked about, there are definitely some good ones but generally speaking these fans are seen by the media.

Refs out to get us? really. Sure they have been so bad calls against us, but watching the past 2-3 years of playoffs there have been horrible calls against every team in every series.

As for the negative fan base question, do mean over all, in general, at times? If the team loses I can handle that. If the team loses without any effort, then we have every right to voice our displeasure.

When it come's to individual players, do I like every Canuck on our roster no. When Lappy came to the team I was shaking my head, but his play turned me into a fan of his because of the effort he would put out on the ice. His play turned me around. I am no where near a fan of Kassian. From what I have seen from his play so far, he should be happy to be sitting in the press box every night watching the game for free. Hopefully he will turn my opinion around of him by solid effort and hard work ethic, only time will tell. There are many people that believe he should be on the first line, really? I would have to imagine the 29 other clubs would not have him on their first line either.

The truth of the matter is that we have one of the biggest fan base in the entire league..which means more fans saying/doing stupid things compared to the rest of the league, And it get's over-shadowed by anything the team or good fans do.

I can honestly give a crap what other fans think about us, I did before but screw it..We are who we are, The best fans in the league.

because when Burrows is his idiot self, Sutherland has every right to favor the other team. Burrows has screwed this team in terms of reffing. unfixable until new refs come along. he and lapierre are yappers and refs don't like that. the bad calls went both ways in the san jose series anyways.

1) Yes 2014 will be our year

B. No. People on HF boards said I was a typical Canucks fan, and I think I was pretty popular there so we have a pretty good reputation with other fans, which is extremely important.

D.) Maybe, but the refs and Mr. Gary Bettman generally do an admirable job...

1) Yes 2014 will be our year

B. No. People on HF boards said I was a typical Canucks fan, and I think I was pretty popular there so we have a pretty good reputation with other fans, which is extremely important.

D.) Maybe, but the refs and Mr. Gary Bettman generally do an admirable job...

Archived