The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Post Yo Pet Thread...

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

• 2 weeks later...

@nux4lyfe didn’t realize you had started this thread. Job well done, even if you’re a dumby in the Trump thread ;)

I’ve posted my pups at least a couple times but I wanted to share a pic of my girl again because a) she looks cute, and b) I’ve been looking to buy my first place and it’s been really disheartening to see just how many stratas wouldn’t accept me, either because of her size and/or breed. 

0352155F-E1F7-4240-A8D4-BDDFE32E4FFD.jpeg

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

He looks like an adorable little bugger

He is, and sometimes he's lucky he's so cute.

It's tough at times.  I so badly wanted to get another dog.  I was so excited to get this dog.  But boy, he can sure try my patience.  I don't remember my first puppy being this much work, although I was 15 years younger.  Maybe I just got lucky with the first one.  I'm already really attached to this little guy, but there are times he makes me question my decision.

I just keep telling myself, he's only 9 weeks old.  He will grow out of it.

51 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

He is, and sometimes he's lucky he's so cute.

It's tough at times.  I so badly wanted to get another dog.  I was so excited to get this dog.  But boy, he can sure try my patience.  I don't remember my first puppy being this much work, although I was 15 years younger.  Maybe I just got lucky with the first one.  I'm already really attached to this little guy, but there are times he makes me question my decision.

I just keep telling myself, he's only 9 weeks old.  He will grow out of it.

My dog was my first puppy and I wondered the same thing. The puppy days are tough. She’s 2.5 now so we’re out of the woods now and it was all well worth it. You’ve got that to look forward to, whenever it may be. 

On 11/29/2020 at 9:14 AM, Sean Monahan said:

@nux4lyfe didn’t realize you had started this thread. Job well done, even if you’re a dumby in the Trump thread ;)

I’ve posted my pups at least a couple times but I wanted to share a pic of my girl again because a) she looks cute, and b) I’ve been looking to buy my first place and it’s been really disheartening to see just how many stratas wouldn’t accept me, either because of her size and/or breed. 

Well, as anyone can see, pitties are dangerous... ly adorable. From my experience with a friend's pitbulls, the greatest danger is that you get your eyebrows licked off your head if you get your face too close.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1
On 11/29/2020 at 9:14 AM, Sean Monahan said:

Just because we have different political views does not mean that we have to dislike one another, And thank you.

Your dog is super cute..love the mean mug.. the highlighted part...not sure what that means.

Edited by nux4lyfe
4 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

Just because we have different political views does not mean that we have to dislike one another, And thank you.

Your dog is super cute..love the mean mug.. the highlighted part...not sure what that means.

I was just giving you a hard time about the political stuff. No offence intended. 

Appreciate the kind words re: my pup, Betty. And what I meant was that between her size (85 pounds) and breeds (Staffy Bull Terrier and Cane Corso) most stratas have bylaws that don't allow us to live there or even for her to be on the property. Particularly older stratas, 10+ years old. 

• Cheers 1
8 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I was just giving you a hard time about the political stuff. No offence intended. 

Appreciate the kind words re: my pup, Betty. And what I meant was that between her size (85 pounds) and breeds (Staffy Bull Terrier and Cane Corso) most stratas have bylaws that don't allow us to live there or even for her to be on the property. Particularly older stratas, 10+ years old. 

All good brother..I know you were joking.

That sucks for your dog, So what happens? You're not allowed to keep her?

Some people don't understand the relationship, They are like our kids. I know everyone's situation is different but I would move for my dog. Hope everything works out for you.

15 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

All good brother..I know you were joking.

That sucks for your dog, So what happens? You're not allowed to keep her?

Some people don't understand the relationship, They are like our kids. I know everyone's situation is different but I would move for my dog. Hope everything works out for you.

Nah, just gotta find a place without those restrictions. As far as I know those rules can’t be applied retroactively, so if I moved into a place that allowed her I wouldn’t get evicted should the rules ever change. 

All the stratas  from the “ban pit bulls” era seem to have this rule. That noise about banning them has quieted down the last few years. 

• Upvote 1
On 12/1/2020 at 8:13 AM, Gollumpus said:

Well, as anyone can see, pitties are dangerous... ly adorable. From my experience with a friend's pitbulls, the greatest danger is that you get your eyebrows licked off your head if you get your face too close.

regards,  G.

Not true. Their tails are like whips.

15 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

11 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

If only the world was like this.

• Upvote 1