The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

On 12/28/2015 at 10:04 PM, riffraff said:

My review:

disgusting followed by nauseating.

i lived in Squamish for six years back when.  Suffered through a pitcher of this and was nauseous all night after.

fast forward to this Christmas. My wife puts this very bottle in my stocking so I split it with her dad so I wouldnt have to drink it all, as I didn't have the heart to complain to her.

I have no idea what they are attempting with this beer.  Ftr the only drinkable beer Howe sound creates is their Pilsner.  I rarely drank any draft at the brew pub and put up with many a strange look.  But whatevs.

its easily the worst beer I've ever had by far.  I hated every particle that passed my lips this year too.  Man I'm a good husband....

Ummm ok...:unsure:

Their Super Jupiter is one of my favourite beers and their IPA, Pilsner, Honey, Rail Ale etc are all good.

To each their own...

3 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

juxtapose ipa. amazing

four winds is one of those brews that pumps out world class beers, right here in bc

I really need to make myself buy more of their stuff. Everything I've had of theirs is good...just have trouble walking past all the 6-packs for their 4's :lol:

I wonder if they do off sales from the brewery, it's like 15 minutes from my house.

:wub: Edit:

http://www.fourwindsbrewing.ca/tasting-room/

Open to the public for tasting, growler fills, and bottle sales 7 days a week. Year round standards and rotating limited releases make our tasting room both a local favourite and a destination.

4-7355 72nd st Delta BC, V4G 1L5

Phone: 604-940-9949 ext:7

Tasting Room / Retail inquiries seamus@fourwindsbrewing.ca

HOURS

Tues-Sat 12-7pm
Sun&Mon 12-5pm

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

I really need to make myself buy more of their stuff. Everything I've had of theirs is good...just have trouble walking past all the 6-packs for their 4's :lol:

I wonder if they do off sales from the brewery, it's like 15 minutes from my house.

:wub: Edit:

http://www.fourwindsbrewing.ca/tasting-room/

oh man, i'll have to some day make a trip to delta for that!

11 hours ago, elvis15 said:

I've had a couple of 33 Acres the past few weeks and enjoyed them. They're a craft brew I'd like to try more of.

Then there's these two I've been saving for a while, both excellent:

10154053_10153203759322601_2223296152871

10.7 and 12% respectively, and so, so good.

hmmm, where'd you get that? i really like Fuller's. the ESB brew is one of my all time favs.

i have a Vintage Ale sitting in its box still over here. says it can stay in the bottle and continue to refine until 2025 - so tempted to try it, yet i kinda wanna save it too.

9 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

hmmm, where'd you get that? i really like Fuller's. the ESB brew is one of my all time favs.

i have a Vintage Ale sitting in its box still over here. says it can stay in the bottle and continue to refine until 2025 - so tempted to try it, yet i kinda wanna save it too.

Yeah, I've got a Deschutes Black Butte XXVI special edition imperial porter I've had for a year and don't think I can wait much longer to drink it. Most expensive bottle of beer I've ever bought ($20 for a bomber) but just itching to try it.

As for the two I posted, my wife is a support worker and helps clients on their daily tasks. One guy likes beer so she takes him to the liquor store as a part of their weekly routine, and I know they'd been going to Highgate in Burnaby for awhile. I'd assume this was from there (have had them for several months, so no idea if they still have any stock).

Guinness: The true king of beers

Harp: The best lager there is.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout: Delicious, but not available in BC in the widget can. Is available in Washington though.

Granville Island Winter Ale

Moose Drool from Missoula Montana

As an aside, I am getting plenty tired of how truly pathetic the selection of beer and wine is in this province. It's embarrassing to bring friends here from the States and outside of BC to see how truly behind the times and archaic British Columbia is in regards to alcohol.

The Liquor Distribution Branch is the single biggest issue standing in the way of the evolution of BC's liquor laws. This grossly, inflated governmental body is a huge waste of taxpayer money and does more to inflate the cost of alcohol in this province than any other factor.

It's time for it to die and take all the parasitic LQ store workers with it.

16 hours ago, elvis15 said:

The Rural Brewer was nice when I had it a couple years back in my first advent calendar. Haven't had the others though.

the anxiety is a dirty, sassy liquor. clocking in at 8%, it hits you hard and often XD it's an odd brew, it poured a nice, light peach colour, and it tasted like it had beet and orange? very weird but it was good. first few sips my mouth was trying to process it. if anxiety had a flavour, that would be it

i quite liked the old pappy's. typical amber ale with a hoppy finish

im in to this guy right now, and i love it

12401011_10207447845611019_3910972834679

only way to describe it, it tastes like a slightly hoppy christmas tree LOL

16 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Won a side raffle at our rugby fundraiser tonight, and came away with this:

12512611_10153232901477601_8802340438720

It's deceiving how big it is, so that's a regular bottle of beer on the left, and a bomber on the right. 6L of La Fin du Monde.

Congrats on both the beer, and still being able to play a true gentlemens' game.  Is there a better smell than mud in the cleats?  Okay, beer after a hard game smells great too.

Archived