Canucks Community

[Report] Welsh to Comets

Derp...

what will the lines look like then?

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Higgins Kesler Burrows

Booth Santorelli Kassian

Weise Richardson Santorelli

I know Santo's good but playing 2 lines? I'd think Burr goes back to the Sedins, both are kind of struggling. Wouldn't mind seeing Hansen on the third line.

Got some really good depth, hate to see Dalpe become an extra body but Weise and Sestito are locks on the 4th with Richardson. 2nd and 3rd have looked real good as of late. Good problem to have.

guys this is what our line up will be

sedins burrows

higgins kesler santorrelli

booth dalpe kassian

weise richardson hansen

when schroeder comes back he will replace dalpe

As good as Kesler's line has been?

Burrows will probably displace Dalpe.

Sedins Hansen

Higgins Kess Burr

Booth Santorelli Kassian

Sestito Richardson Weise

And I'll include Burr on line 2. He's also a motor player who is hard on the puck, can pass and score.... Only diff is Santo can play center, so he defaults to line 3.

Shout out to Welshy, who helped us bridge the first three months(w/ depth), for injuries & changeups. Got a taste of 3 mos with the big club. Now he'll strive hard to get back here. Dumping the other two contracts(Polasek & Hamil) must leave some room in Utica, for his contributions. Also means Burrows & Schroeder are back soon. WOW, did our GM's Sept/Carolina-deal pay off!

Good call!

Funny, he's on a one way contract (1/2 paid be Carolina), so it wont hurt his back pocket. But he will get to play a whole lot. Good in all respects for him.

Lord knows we can use the help on the Comets, and speed and size which Welsh offers always help!

*gasp* The man looks like he has Diabetes!

That...is...Bobby Clarke right?

What?

What does Diabetes look like ? I can honestly say that when someone tells me they are diabetic my first response is always "yeah I know Bra' you look like a Diabetic"

Happy with Welsh addition for us when it happened. Now very pleased he will get to play a lot of mins in Utica, with some of the guys he will most likely play with on the Canucks one day.

Also excited for Burrows to return soon. Will be nice to have another skilled forward in our lineup :)

I hope Welsh plays with Jensen and Archibald.

Agree that Dalpe has some potential to be a good pro. He is working hard every shift right now and it's resulting in great 4th line shifts for us. Hoping he can turn into a good depth forward for us, with the potential to be even a second liner with his skill set.

Happy with Welsh addition for us when it happened. Now very pleased he will get to play a lot of mins in Utica, with some of the guys he will most likely play with on the Canucks one day.

Also excited for Burrows to return soon. Will be nice to have another skilled forward in our lineup :)

I hope Welsh plays with Jensen and Archibald.

I'd be a bit surprised if Schroeder did not get a two wink conditioning stint when he first comes back?

He'd be ideal to start with Jensen...

In a perfect world (IMO) Welsh would cap out as a Stoll type big and fast center who is dangerous, but whose primary focus is defence. And of course Stoll is big shoes to fill...

*gasp* The man looks like he has Diabetes!

That...is...Bobby Clarke right?

Yup, I managed to find perhaps the worst sample of an iconic photo.

I guess it also says something about the Flyers organization (at that time), that they "took a chance" on drafting Clarke in the second round that year (17th overall).

regards,

G.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Santorelli

Booth - Richardson - Hansen

Sesito - Schroeder - Kassian

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Edler - Stanton

Luongo

Lack

Welsh, Weise, Dalpe, Weber, Corrado

A healthy roster. Looks pretty stacekd to me, especially if Burrows can get going. If Schroeder has improved he can take that 3rd line spot and switch with Richardson.

Archived