The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

PK Subban was scratched. Must have been because he isn't dynamic.

Marc-Edouard Vlasic, with a career high of 6 goals, plays with Drew Doughty for the entire game. Must be because he's so much more dynamic than Hamhuis.

If you want to take underhanded jabs at Hamhuis, don't use the coaching staff's preference for one player over another as rationale. They kept Chris freakin' Kunitz in the lineup over the Art Ross trophy winner Martin St. Louis, for God's sake.

Intangibles are the point

kind of like it was basically decided before the tournament started that Price was going to be the #1 goalie...yep.

Yea def. I am just happy lui played one game and that game he was perfect, its their mistake, he should have started today, if he didnt play solid and we didnt win, or we won and he didnt look solid then sure roll with price just like lui took the job from brodeur, thats how it should be..

It was def decided before hand I agree

Tavares-Crosby-St.Louis

Duchene/Marleau/Carter-Getzlaf-Perry

Sharp/Carter-Toews-Nash

Marleau-Benn-Bergeron

Scratched Kunitz

Marleau, Sharp, Duchene, St. Louis and Carter to be bounced around the lineup as the flow of the game progresses

I think the 4 duos should be though:

Tavares-Crosby

Getzlaf-Perry

Benn-Bergeron

Toews-Nash But anyone really

Doughty:4 goals

Crosby and Kunitz: 0 goals

Dat chemistry

why are people on kunitz? Plenty of zeros in the forwards.

other than Benn, getzlaf,or carter, which forward has scored? Ans: none.

0 goals from Perry, Crosby, Nash, MSL, toews, bergerone, marleau, Tavares, sharp, duschene, etc etc.

Yea def. I am just happy lui played one game and that game he was perfect, its their mistake, he should have started today, if he didnt play solid and we didnt win, or we won and he didnt look solid then sure roll with price just like lui took the job from brodeur, thats how it should be..

It was def decided before hand I agree

Price was the right choice today. They already know what they got with Luo, Price is the question mark. If Luongo goes in today and has a shaky game, now you have to go back to Price who as I already mentioned is a question mark. Now we at least got see that Price isn't going to choke under pressure. He even came up with a big save on Salo in OT.

I cant believe Kunitz has started each game, its unbelievable he has stood out as the odd man out, cant believe st louis or sharp past two game shas rode the pine for him...

And Giroux, Thornton, Staal, Hall, Seguin, Neal arent even selected to the team over Kunitz driving me crazy, even mike richards deserves a spot on the team over him by a landslide

Just gross hockey politics

nonsense. If yzerman is gm of pens, maybe u have a point. The selection committee went over this for one year to get it right. That fact MSL wasn't on the first roster shows you that the process is fair. Yzerman had the power to veto anything, but went with consensus position.

I can't stream any videos on CBC/TSN using Google Chrome. No issues with IE. Anybody else have the same issue or know how to correct the problem?

me too, and I can only use chrome since it has a plug in for me to view Canadian websites. The player is flash, but doesn't open auto like in IE.

why are people on kunitz? Plenty of zeros in the forwards.

other than Benn, getzlaf,or carter, which forward has scored? Ans: none.

0 goals from Perry, Crosby, Nash, MSL, toews, bergerone, marleau, Tavares, shapr, duschene, etc etc.

It's likely because he was named to the team on the strength of a so-called chemistry with Crosby. It hasn't materialized at all. In fact, Sid looked better with Benn and Bergeron today, in spite of not getting on the score sheet.

Guys like Perry, Duchene and Marleau, while not getting on the score sheet, have at least contributed to the success of teammates like Carter, Getzlaf, Benn and DD...

Price was the right choice today. They already know what they got with Luo, Price is the question mark. If Luongo goes in today and has a shaky game, now you have to go back to Price who as I already mentioned is a question mark. Now we at least got see that Price isn't going to choke under pressure. He even came up with a big save on Salo in OT.

It hit his blocker, he reacted late and got lucky.

MSL sharp toews sid marleau carter duechene nash benn bergeron getzlaf perry and tavares have all contributed something to this team this tournament. some on the scoresheat some not. kunitz has done nothing but turn the puck over. thats what makes him a useless peice of meat.

dont twist my words to mmake it looks like I said something I didnt child.

the fact that your are arguing with 5 members in this thread alone should clue you in that you dont know much hockey.

What did MSL do exactly? His speed was supposed to be showcased in offensive opportunities and none of that came. Instead he looked out of place and got knocked down a lot. However, he can score just as well as Kunitz or any other player.

Anyway, I don't understand how useless hyperbole and basing an opinion on somebody else's or perhaps NHL14 counts as end-all-argument hockey knowledge. And honest assessment of Kunitz's game today reveals that he's just fine. Much more suited for a grinding-type game like today's was.

The focus on Kunitz has been stupid. It would've been Nash if not for what he did in NY leading up to the Olympics, but now it's just Kunitz. Mainly because we need somebody to whine about, right?

While that does ensure the team has confidence in both goalies, it also rewards Price for being shaky in the first game. Unless of course they go back to Lu for the next game, but I doubt that happens.

It hit his blocker, he reacted late and got lucky.

It certainly looked that way on the replay. However, he was in position to make the save and deserves credit for making it.

However, I agree that some of the kudos being thrown out by guys like McLennan and McKenzie is a bit over the top. Solid save, but not in the class of Luongo on Demitra, IMHO...

It's likely because he was named to the team on the strength of a so-called chemistry with Crosby. It hasn't materialized at all. In fact, Sid looked better with Benn and Bergeron today, in spite of not getting on the score sheet.

Guys like Perry, Duchene and Marleau, while not getting on the score sheet, have at least contributed to the success of teammates like Carter, Getzlaf, Benn and DD...

yzerman clarified that they like him even if not on w Crosby. They can use him on PP, w getzlaf/perry former dux line.

I don't see him as the only prob. Most the forwards aren't scoring, and that is a huge problem.

Archived