The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd do one of Tanev/Garrison/Hansen, our 6th and a "B" prospect.

But really I'd like to hear what pieces Tallon would want or if he'd have something bigger in mind like sending say Petrovic back in exchange for our 6th, Tanev and "_____".

Much over that and IMO the cost is higher than what we'd gain/lose.

IF the canucks were to draft Nylander where would be the best place for him to play next season for his development? Not quite sure but can Nylander play in the AHL next season how he is being drafted out of a Europe pro league? If so would you rather have him play another year SHL or would you rather AHL or CHL to help him get better used to the NA ice surface game style again barring he doesnt make the NHL roster.

IF the canucks were to draft Nylander where would be the best place for him to play next season for his development? Not quite sure but can Nylander play in the AHL next season how he is being drafted out of a Europe pro league? If so would you rather have him play another year SHL or would you rather AHL or CHL to help him get better used to the NA ice surface game style again barring he doesnt make the NHL roster.

Yes, he could go to the AHL right away but i don't think that's appropriate. CHL would be interesting, but the top2 swedish leagues are good. Can't really say it would hurt his development if he stayed in Sweden.

that's the beauty of it he can play wherever benning/linden want him to

Yes, he could go to the AHL right away but i don't think that's appropriate. CHL would be interesting, but the top2 swedish leagues are good. Can't really say it would hurt his development if he stayed in Sweden.

I think it'd be best for him to adapt to the NA style asap, placing him with the juniors ... not a fan of. Why not give him a head start and start from 3rd line minutes at the AHL?

Add on:

Imagine Shinkaruk & Nylander building a strong chemistry!

I think it'd be best for him to adapt to the NA style asap, placing him with the juniors ... not a fan of. Why not give him a head start and start from 3rd line minutes at the AHL?

Add on:

It's better if he's getting top minutes somewhere else. A lot of great players are coming from sweden, and if they aren't ready at the time they're drafted, they either stay in Sweden or play in the CHL. What's bad if he went over and played in the CHL? Pretty much every single canadian player are coming from CHL. And it's pretty rare that europeans flies over just to play in the AHL at the age of 18. Only 1 that comes to mind really is Hampus Lindholm.

The dominant team in this year's Stanley Cup has Dustin Brown as its second-smallest player.

Mike Richards is the smallest at 5-11 196.

They have 4 players 6-4.

Six more are 6-3.

Weight of entire roster is between 190 and 230 pounds.

Nylander looks like a beauty; but you can only carry so many smaller players.

Draft him as asset management, as in buy low sell high, and trade him if he is not that one or two, maybe 3 smaller players good enough to carry.

It is not simply size and weight but also speed and skill, and really the courage, tenacity, and prowess to dominate the play.

Ritchie is still the best power forward prospect in the draft and we have to get players of his ilk from somewhere.

That's Stanley Cup contending depth down the middle. Would just need to find the wingers

_____ - Reinhart - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Horvat - _____

_____ - Gaunce - Jensen

Archibald - Lain - Grenier

Looks solid right now, but I doubt we'll finish high enough to get Reinhart.

The future is bright my concern is why do so many on here want to deal youth for a quick fix.

Patients!!

Not saying your one of them.

The dominant team in this year's Stanley Cup has Dustin Brown as its second-smallest player.

They have 4 players 6-4.

Six more are 6-3.

Draft him as asset management, as in buy low sell high, and trade him if he is not that one or two, maybe 3 smaller players good enough to carry.

It is not simply size and weight but also speed and skill, and really the courage, tenacity, and prowess to dominate the play.

Ritchie is still the best power forward prospect in the draft and we have to get players of his ilk from somewhere.

And what did Chicago's roster look like last year?

There is no one formula to win in the NHL, unless it's to say to have the highest quality player at every position. That could mean skill level, or size, or defensive ability, etc...

The future is bright my concern is why do so many on here want to deal youth for a quick fix.

Patients!!

Not saying your one of them.

PatientsCareGivers.jpg

:P

They have 4 players 6-4.

Six more are 6-3.

no offence but basing who you should draft often the current playoff finals is pointless.

LA was one game away from being swept in the first round. They were one game away from being knocked out in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Playoffs are a complete crap shoot.

no offence but basing who you should draft often the current playoff finals is pointless.

LA was one game away from being swept in the first round. They were one game away from being knocked out in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Playoffs are a complete crap shoot.

When the goal is to win The Cup, all decisions, draft or otherwise, are based on how to win the playoffs.

I believe the trend is to larger, more physical teams, and LA is a fine example, I think.

And what did Chicago's roster look like last year?

There is no one formula to win in the NHL, unless it's to say to have the highest quality player at every position. That could mean skill level, or size, or defensive ability, etc...

PatientsCareGivers.jpg

:P

First thing that popped up in my mind too! Like my K-garten teacher drilled into me, kids:

"Patients need a surgeon; just as patience is a virgin."

Let's imagine if all the top picks reach their potential and become the player he was compared to, who would you pick with our 6th pick:

Reinhart/Toews

Bennett/Gilmour

Ekblad/Shea Weber

Draisaitl/Kopitar

MCD/C. Perry

Nylander/Pat Kane

Ehlers/P. Bure

Ritchie/Bertuzzi

Virtanen/Evander Kane

Add on:

Add on:

Let's imagine if all the top picks reach their potential and become the player he was compared to, who would you pick with our 6th pick:

Reinhart/Toews

Bennett/Gilmour

Ekblad/Shea Weber

Draisaitl/Kopitar

MCD/C. Perry

Nylander/Pat Kane

Ehlers/P. Bure

Ritchie/Bertuzzi

Virtanen/Evander Kane

I like your comparisons.

When the goal is to win The Cup, all decisions, draft or otherwise, are based on how to win the playoffs.

I believe the trend is to larger, more physical teams, and LA is a fine example, I think.

You got to make your own trend, not follow the trend and end up like Gillis. Look last season, not the biggest team won in Chicago. Every year is different, you might just see size in LA but actually they do have skill too. Skill is the reason their winning, their boring defensive style of game is also hiding their skill level.

Archived