The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we should show some attention to the USNTDP, they have developed some nice prospects and players consistently like J.T Miller, J.T Compher, Connor Carrick, Riley Barber, Pat Sieloff, John Gibson, Patrick Kane, JVR, Stefan Matteau, Reid Boucher, Jacob Trouba, Nicolas Kerdiles. These are some impressive prospects and other than Kane and JVR this is only the last 2 drafts.

Milano, Tuch, Eichel, Larkin, Dougherty are some kids in this draft who also are looking like future good hockey players. This isn't a fluke from this national development team, they are growing these players into future NHLers, the Milano-Eichel-Tuch line dominated the U-18 because of the development team.

Ryan Hitchcock, Anders Bjork, Shane Gersich, Brandon Fortunado, Ryan Collins are some possible players going into the 3rd round and beyond and I think we should take em if they do.

16 more days till the draft.

Seth Jones played for the NTDP as well before going to Portland. No one from the program projected around the 6th pick, but at 36 there could be options if Milano drops (unlikely but possible) or if Dougherty is still around. 2015 will be a stacked draft from the NTDP with 2 possible top 3 selections in Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin

Seth Jones played for the NTDP as well before going to Portland. No one from the program projected around the 6th pick, but at 36 there could be options if Milano drops (unlikely but possible) or if Dougherty is still around. 2015 will be a stacked draft from the NTDP with 2 possible top 3 selections in Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin

Yeah, I'm more so thinking about the late picks this year.

Does anybody have an idea if the top USA under 18 players play in the Ivan Hlinka?

Yeah, I'm more so thinking about the late picks this year.

Does anybody have an idea if the top USA under 18 players play in the Ivan Hlinka?

I've been hearing good things about Colin White. Being ranked in the top 10 in the stacked 2015 draft. Not sure if he's playing in the tournament, but he's under 18 lol

Wonder who nyi wants most

Given their needs/prospects have to think its Dal Colle or Bennett (who can play wing).

The are set at center (arguably) with Tavares and Strome as their 1-2 and Bailey is slowly becoming a reliable player as well.

Defense they have Reinhart, De Haan, and Hamonic

Everyone would love Ekblad for obvious reasons but I see them taking Dal Colle if he's there, maybe even Ehlers as the need for offense from the wings is pretty obvious for them.

Just throwing out a random idea would anybody trade our 6th overall for either Florida's, Calgary's or New York Islanders 2015 1st?

doesn't buffalo have the Isles first in 2015 after that horrendous vanek deal?

I don't think any of those sucky teams are trading their first next year but yes of course.

Personally,

I'd trade for both of Buffalo's picks! lol

Bc they CLEARLY will have number 1 again next year, unless Edmonton finds some magic way to suck even worse

Given their needs/prospects have to think its Dal Colle or Bennett (who can play wing).

The are set at center (arguably) with Tavares and Strome as their 1-2 and Bailey is slowly becoming a reliable player as well.

Defense they have Reinhart, De Haan, and Hamonic

Everyone would love Ekblad for obvious reasons but I see them taking Dal Colle if he's there, maybe even Ehlers as the need for offense from the wings is pretty obvious for them.

Yeah Islanders take Dal Colle, but lots of talk about them wanting to move it for immediate help.

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnhl/on-siriusxmnhl-htm-today-nyislanders-gm-garth-snow-was-a-guest

Nylander can also play wing right? I don't think it will happen, but after the combine I wouldn't be overly surprised to see the Islanders take him. If any team in the top five is going to chance it on him, my gut says it would be them.

That would be good for us, assuming we stick around at 6th.

Has it got to a point after 200+ pages that we can honestly say that whoever we take (not going off the board ie. calgary) that we will be happy with that choice? I've switched my opinion a few times but now i'll be happy with any of the players discussed over the 200+ pages aslong as they pan out in the end.

I think even with the desperation many fans on this board have for a top line potential centerman in Reinhart, not moving up may be the best for the Canucks after all. Considering it'll go Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett... Draisital Dal Colle Nylander Ehlers will all be great additions. providing another pick in the 1st round with a Kesler "move" hopefully before the draft - the 10th pick we could still get Virtanen or Fiala there

you can never have enough offensive talent in forwards... I'm hoping Sanheim is on Benning's radar we don't need to take a dmen like Fleury with

I think even with the desperation many fans on this board have for a top line potential centerman in Reinhart, not moving up may be the best for the Canucks after all. Considering it'll go Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett... Draisital Dal Colle Nylander Ehlers will all be great additions. providing another pick in the 1st round with a Kesler "move" hopefully before the draft - the 10th pick we could still get Virtanen or Fiala there

you can never have enough offensive talent in forwards... I'm hoping Sanheim is on Benning's radar we don't need to take a dmen like Fleury with

yuppers I agree. I wouldn't sacrifice the 6th to move up to 1st or 2nd at this point.

Just watching TSN and Duthie had the top5 on for a segment of "The Quiz" and man does Dal Colle seem like an arrogant kid, his whole personality seems on another level compared to the other 4 kids. I haven't seen many interviews with him, maybe this one was a one off but I doubt it.

yuppers I agree. I wouldn't sacrifice the 6th to move up to 1st or 2nd at this point.

I would move a veteran out for more prospects and picks either at this draft or next trade deadline... More youth needed. We have a good veteran core.... To much veteran presence one might say... Move a Dman and Kesler for prospects and young players and I will be happy. Maybe Higgins or Hasen or Richardson next trade deadline if we look on the outside.

I've been hearing good things about Colin White. Being ranked in the top 10 in the stacked 2015 draft. Not sure if he's playing in the tournament, but he's under 18 lol

When i watched the American U18 this year the guy that stood out the most to me was Kyle Connor. Watch for his stock to rise between now and next years draft.

Archived