The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

here's my formula. 30nhl teams. you have no contact with any of them (other than media crap)

0/30=0 so you have 0% chance of knowing what any gm will do. or if you look at it in reverse 100% chance your full of crap.

#math

Statistically speaking making a guess at all would eliminate the chance of 0%

Therefore because you did not make a guess you have a 0% chance of being right.

If you want to believe that everyone who doesn't have contact with any GM's has a 0% chance of choosing what players might be picked where, well that's your prerogative.

Just saying the math is on my side

#more math than your math

Does anyone know what time the draft starts on the 27th. I have tried looking for info but can`t find a time.

Yeah I tried looking it up too, I don't get off work till 5 but want to watch it. I think i remember being at the lake during the day when I found out about the Schneider trade so I think it might be afternoon.

Yeah I tried looking it up too, I don't get off work till 5 but want to watch it. I think i remember being at the lake during the day when I found out about the Schneider trade so I think it might be afternoon.

I just went on The Wells Fargo Center website and it is starting at 7:00 pm est.

Straight from the TSN Draftcentre page. Starts at 7pm est/4pm pst

DraftCentre 2014 nhldraft_58938.jpg

2014 NHL Draft (TSN)

Friday, June 27 at 7pm et/4pm pt

I think the draft last year had all rounds, 1-7, done in one day so that's why it started in the afternoon/morning.

"They are big, heavy teams, so when we talk to our scouting staff one of our mandates is 'Let's get a little bit bigger, a little more rugged, so we can play both styles,'" Benning said. "So we can play a skill, skating style when need be, but when it's a rugged, physical game; we can play that game too." - Jim Benning

Traslation: We're passing on Nylander and Ehlers.

"They are big, heavy teams, so when we talk to our scouting staff one of our mandates is 'Let's get a little bit bigger, a little more rugged, so we can play both styles,'" Benning said. "So we can play a skill, skating style when need be, but when it's a rugged, physical game; we can play that game too." - Jim Benning

Traslation: We're passing on Nylander and Ehlers.

Quote out of context. He also talked about the need for skill. I watched the press conference live. Benning wanted his third and fourth line to be heavier and able to keep the puck in the O-zone.

If anything, its suggesting guys like Higgins and Hansen will be on the block.

Quote out of context. He also talked about the need for skill. I watched the press conference live. Benning wanted his third and fourth line to be heavier and able to keep the puck in the O-zone.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft bigger kids into the later rounds of the draft, but he did emphasize the need for skill in the top-6.

That being said, I can't wait until the draft actually gets here. First, it will end the silly arguments in here, and second, I think seeing how Benning chooses to draft in a year that's pretty wide open outside of the top-5 will give us a glimpse of what his vision for the team going into the future is.

Perfect. Hansen+6th overall+ 2nd 2014 or 2015 for the 1st overall this year :)

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft bigger kids into the later rounds of the draft, but he did emphasize the need for skill in the top-6.

That being said, I can't wait until the draft actually gets here. First, it will end the silly arguments in here, and second, I think seeing how Benning chooses to draft in a year that's pretty wide open outside of the top-5 will give us a glimpse of what his vision for the team going into the future is.

This most importantly. Canuck fans are always so polarized. It would be nice to be able to get through draft day without seeing 10 threads on why Benning should have drafted player X instead of player Y.

Really, I'll be happy with whoever.

This most importantly. Canuck fans are always so polarized. It would be nice to be able to get through draft day without seeing 10 threads on why Benning should have drafted player X instead of player Y.

Really, I'll be happy with whoever.

I think this is going to be a year where we have a lot of those stupid arguments after, because there's really no consensus pick. Everyone has their favorite, and whoever we pick is going to be "the wrong guy" to a lot of people. I have my favorites and players I don't like too, but I think we'll end up with a real solid prospect regardless of who pick.

Hell, even if we trade up (say we get the 1st from Florida somehow) and pick Reinhart, there will be tonnes of "we should have picked Ekblad" threads.

I think this is going to be a year where we have a lot of those stupid arguments after, because there's really no consensus pick. Everyone has their favorite, and whoever we pick is going to be "the wrong guy" to a lot of people. I have my favorites and players I don't like too, but I think we'll end up with a real solid prospect regardless of who pick.

Hell, even if we trade up (say we get the 1st from Florida somehow) and pick Reinhart, there will be tonnes of "we should have picked Ekblad" threads.

Its kind of an awful situation for Benning because there are so many options but so few sureties. Ritchie, Virtanen, Nylander, Ehlers, Dal Colle, Perlini, etc. Odds are that one of them will have a real solid career. But which one? Its impossible to know at this point, but it will be easy for others to claim that they knew all along that Benning should have drafted so and so.

I don't think so bud. It will just start some new ones about something else lol.

Its kind of an awful situation for Benning because there are so many options but so few sureties. Ritchie, Virtanen, Nylander, Ehlers, Dal Colle, Perlini, etc. Odds are that one of them will have a real solid career. But which one? Its impossible to know at this point, but it will be easy for others to claim that they knew all along that Benning should have drafted so and so.

We must get Reinhart. I think Tanev, 6th overall, Hansen will get it done. Then we trade Kesler for a young blue chipper, a roster player, and a high pick(2014). Anaheim has the 10th. We can get a good player there. There's going to be a bidding war for Kesler because he's the best centerman available right now. Whatever we lose to get Reinhart we'll get back with a Kesler deal.

Archived