The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

If Detroit offered then and MG didn't take it, I would personally hunt him down. Then all he has to do is trade Edler for some picks/prospects. Pick up some players via free agency (10 million free from those two players and 7 million in rising cap) and BAM, re-tool done.

Amen.

This would be a good hockey trade. Works for Detroit as they can become a true contender with Kes, and works for us as our retool is then done in 2 to 3 years as opposed to what the Oilers and Flames are going through.

Just not sure MG has the balls to pull this type of deal off.

Zetterberg is out why would Detroit make a trade to try and win this year when the 1C just had surgery?

Some people are saying that's why so they can stay in the playoff picture...I think that's a nonfactor they already said not interested in trading youth so I don't see all this youth everybody wants for Kesler or Edler is going to happen

But how many of these 'deal will be announced in x amount of days' rumours have actually happened?

Your opinion*

Of course its just an opinion,,,,,, is any one of us Mike Gillis in disguise on these boards? We will see and discuss it later whatever the outcomes are but this is an interesting rumor. Kesler that is

To Detroit:

Kesler

To Van:

Nyquist

Mantha

1st (2014)

We might need to add a little, but yeah...

Yep... that is a good trade, even if we didn't get the 1st round pick (just like us, their mid/late round pick is likely going to be a project at best or just a washout) or if we had to send a serviceable roster player like Hansen their way.

With Detroit's scouting staff I would rather THEY make the pick and then we include whomever they choose in the trade. :)

They would look awfully nice if you added Kesler to Datsyuk or Zetterberg's line. Kesler playing the wing with an elite playmaking centre like either of those guys would be ridiculous.

Detroit doesn't do that deal to win this year as some folks have suggested, they do it because Kesler is still signed beyond this year and they would have a good chance of re-signing the hometown boy for another contract (they would get a pretty big hint in that direction if he waived his NTC to go there).

If we're into the 'Making Ridiculous Proposals Stage', which would have to be the case to believe anything Pratt says may have some validity, then here you go:

Lou

Booth

Hansen

for

Stewart

Elliott

Tarasenko

Paajarvi

1st

Lou = Elliott, Tarasenko, 1st

Booth = Paajarvi

Hansen = Stewart

Even for a ridiculous proposal, isn't that a tad optimistic?

Edler, I obviously have huge bias against him but Gillis did try move him before his NTC kicked in.

Although the safest bet is Tanev :( Can hold onto his "won't ask players to waive NTC's" ideal and make an unexpected move. But Torts has been talking him up a lot all season can't see Gillis making that move.

Maybe Burr gets his walking papers. Or even Hansen but that seems like a pretty small move at best.

No prospect moves in my opinion unless he is desperate for playoff hockey to hold onto his job. That includes Kassian in my books.

It may really be Kes. Someone suggested Philly and I think that would actually be a good fit for him. They signed him to an offer-sheet years ago. Philly has some pieces that would be good for the Canucks too.

If the Canucks deal a top 4 D, what are the odds that the Canucks acquire the Schenn brothers for Kes? Luke Schenn would add a lot of physicality to our D but I'm not sure if his skating ability would make him a good fit for Torts' style. Also, if Couturier and Brayden Schenn are both available and I could only pick one, I'm not sure who I would pick. I'm also not sure you could go wrong with either guy but I am inclined to go with Couturier.

It may really be Kes. Someone suggested Philly and I think that would actually be a good fit for him. They signed him to an offer-sheet years ago. Philly has some pieces that would be good for the Canucks too.

If the Canucks deal a top 4 D, what are the odds that the Canucks acquire the Schenn brothers for Kes? Luke Schenn would add a lot of physicality to our D but I'm not sure if his skating ability would make him a good fit for Torts' style. Also, if Couturier and Brayden Schenn are both available and I could only pick one, I'm not sure who I would pick. I'm also not sure you could go wrong with either guy but I am inclined to go with Couturier.

I see Kes to Philly as the one that makes the most sense........and Edler to Det as well, though I'm not sure Holland will make a big move with Zetterberg out for so long.

Archived