The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

Anyone else think Gillman's interview with 1040 was funny today?? "I do believe the team we have is..is..aaaa is good enough and aaaa has enough of the attributes and tools too compete foorrrrrrrr, qualify for the playoffs... then once you get in anything can happen"

I think this is a good indication of Maclean's rumours... in that interview Gillman eluded to needing to look towards the future and basically fumbled to properly define the teams chances this season. I hope something gets done at the TDL.

Edler for ROR and Kesler for Simmonds Couturier 1st 2014

Why would they make this trade? They traded Richards for Simmonds, Schenn, and a 2nd. Kesler>Richards but still. I wouldn't trade Simmonds and Couturier straight up for Kesler. Maybe Simmonds or Couturier + 1st maybe.

oldnews, on 19 February 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

@TEAM1040 Doug MacLean says he's heard Brian Burke will make an "unbelievable push" for Roberto Luongo once the lockout is over.

Good grief... he can push all he wants, there are few places Luongo would want to go to less than staying here. Either a contender, or somewhere in the East where he can be closer to Florida and family.

Time reference, oldnews is poking fun at the historical "accuracy" of a Maclean rumour.

Time reference, oldnews is poking fun at the historical "accuracy" of a Maclean rumour.

Burke was canned... we don't know if Maclean was accurate or not after the lockout? But there are rumours outside Maclean that said Burke pushed hard for Luongo and even made a offer at the draft.

Doug MacLean revealed on HOCKEY CENTRAL at Noon that Roberto Luongo, believing a deal was in the works with Florida, had refused to waive his no-trade clause for Toronto last summer, a decision he now regrets.

@TEAM1040 Doug MacLean says he's heard Brian Burke will make an "unbelievable push" for Roberto Luongo once the lockout is over.

Why do they call you Old News ?

Hey Maclean,

You dumbass.

Here's how I know without a doubt that there's nothing to your rumour.

There is literally no one that we wouldn't consider.

CDC has traded everyone on the roster in the past month.

If you said this before the Dale Weise deal we might be able to take you seriously. But after that, we now know that literally anyone could be traded.

i'd move kesler to nashville, along with their choice of bieksa/garrison and a 2nd for weber and colin wilson.

then send edler, hansen and schroeder to detroit for something like helm, nyquist, brendan smith.

then move whichever of garrison/bieksa is left for the best offer and trade luongo straight up for brian campbell, florida retains half of the difference in salary (~$850k).

burrows also traded to highest bidder.

booth gets bought out or traded for scraps if possible.

sign top 6 lw and a 1b goalie in the off season.

sedin-sedin-kassian/nyquist

ufa-wilson-nyquist/kassian

horvat-helm-higgins

sestito-richardson-archibald

campbell-weber

hamhuis-tanev

stanton/smith-corrado

smith/stanton

lack

ufa

/nhl14

I like that lineup a lot

Do you guys think kesler would waive to go to toronto? Cause him and kessel play really well together.

They don't have the trading chips to make it happen. Lazy Kadri & an undeveloping Gardiner are not tantalizing enough.

Let alone the thought of making Toronto better...(shiver).

Archived