The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

OK IF ITS A NO GO DAY an Kes stays ,there are only 5 UFA players this summer an every one an their dog will be bidding, an with our luck or lack of it,we will still have our cap space an no sniper on payroll next yr.An if we happen to luck out the word out on street how Lu was treated may not entice any one to want to come to vancouver.NY just took a Tampa player to compete an tampa freed up space an got draft picks next yr.We it seems are not gonna move any more major parts today an that thought sucks

OK IF ITS A NO GO DAY an Kes stays ,there are only 5 UFA players this summer an every one an their dog will be bidding, an with our luck or lack of it,we will still have our cap space an no sniper on payroll next yr.An if we happen to luck out the word out on street how Lu was treated may not entice any one to want to come to vancouver.NY just took a Tampa player to compete an tampa freed up space an got draft picks next yr.We it seems are not gonna move any more major parts today an that thought sucks

I might sleep soon if nothing happends

What I'd like to see:

Kesler to Philly for Couturier, Laughton, a first in 2014, and second in 2015.

Edler to Detroit for Mantha, a first in 2015, and a second in 2014.

4 first/second round picks for the future.

Only lose one roster player, and sets us up nicely for the future.

No one in the media, there was no leaks at all about the Luongo trade. Nothing really before the Hodgson trade. I think the Canucks are air tight with their internal communications. So I don't really put any trusts on the media rumours and reports.

Trade at the draft

I don't think Kesler comes to us with his contract numbers, we don't have the room for him.

Also there is nothing that you can really give up.

To MG I'm thinking it would take a 2011 Cody Hodgson + prospect + 1st to get this done.

Archived