The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Flip Mes and you are good.

I will be happy if Mez gets flipped, expensive scratch. But we don't need Kesler. Our centers are Giroux, Schenn, Couturier and Lecavalier if he happens to move back to center. Our fourth line guy is changing. Couturier is a great shutdown center and he's young. Giroux is a top player, Brayden Schenn has been great. I don't see us trading for Kesler.

No way they give us Drouin, even though if this is true thats what Gillis should be saying.

I would 100% trade Kesler for Drouin straight up. Guy is gonna be amazing.

But I could see them flipping us the 1st and 2nd they got, plus something like Connelly.

Kesler wont go to Tampa, Shero will nab him if he goes

At minimum: Etem, Bonino, 1st 2015

This would be an awesome trade Bonino has really emerged this year. Bonino has more points then kesler (1 more) and he's signed for 1.9 million for 3 years after this year. Etem has a lot of potential as a goal scorer too.

Lol I love these pot stirring "analysts"...

Would Kesler waive for Tampa??

Sure the whole team is slumping.. But why trade the only player that can put the puck in the net. Kes is invaluable to the Canucks.. A heart and soul-er, and would be a great veteran mentor for our young players along with Hank..

Especially for Horvat, it's one thing to get younger but if you trade EVERYONE for young players and picks with no decent vets then u turn into the Oilers!

Keep Kesler!!!!!!

We're not getting Drouin or Hedman from the Lightning because it would totally defeat the purpose of them making the deal.

NYR 1st, Connolly and maybe another piece. Tampa Bay becomes an instant cup contender. Not to mention, they've got a really solid top 5 forward group of Stamkos, Drouin, Kesler, Filppula and Callahan.

And then what? We wait til the draft where his value will most certainly be lower?

Then wait for him to get disgruntled. Another Luongo situation would be great. Then sell him for a lot less than what we could get today or just wait til he becomes a ufa and lose him in free agency. This team appears to be going nowhere fast. If MG has approval to trade him the best move has got to be today in my opinion.

There is still no actual evidence Kesler actually wants out. If we don't move him, we keep him...quite simple.

The first line of your statement is correct. Aqua man is the one calling the shots

If CDC thinks that ANY GM wouldn't have to consult ownership of any team on trading one of their top, Olympic medal and Selke winning forwards.... :picard:

I will be happy if Mez gets flipped, expensive scratch. But we don't need Kesler. Our centers are Giroux, Schenn, Couturier and Lecavalier if he happens to move back to center. Our fourth line guy is changing. Couturier is a great shutdown center and he's young. Giroux is a top player, Brayden Schenn has been great. I don't see us trading for Kesler.

The Canucks wanted to move kess to the wing, you probably would as well.

Kesler to Tampa for Cononlly, 2014 1st, 2015 1st(NYR) and Callahan. He'll re-sign with Torts at the helm.

That would be a decent trade but does Kes waive his NTC to go to Tampa and would Tampa make that deal knowing that 2015 picks are expensive as heck

Come on Gillis, do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retweeted by

elvis_pic_bigger.jpg

According to intel from Pitt, Canucks ownership may be holding up Kesler deal. They want the playoff dough. Will make trade in summer

If Gillis thinks we're making the playoffs then he must be smoking something. Gillis please trade Kesler now, we won't get a better deal in the off season. Teams are pushing to win the Stanley Cup, the addition of Kes is HUGE. If Kesler is still here when the clock hits noon, I'm gonna flip some bricks.

COME ON GILLIS. HAVE SOME BALLS.

45]

Retweeted by

45]

elvis_pic_bigger.jpg

According to intel from Pitt, Canucks ownership may be holding up Kesler deal. They want the playoff dough. Will make trade in summer

If Gillis thinks we're making the playoffs then he must be smoking something. Gillis please trade Kesler now, we won't get a better deal in the off season. Teams are pushing to win the Stanley Cup, the addition of Kes is HUGE. If Kesler is still here when the clock hits noon, I'm gonna flip some bricks.

lol i think it's just a tactic from the management to drive up Kesler's value even more.... I mean.. they can't be this stupid to see that we wont make the playoff like this right?

45]

Retweeted by

45]

elvis_pic_bigger.jpg

If Gillis thinks we're making the playoffs then he must be smoking something. Gillis please trade Kesler now, we won't get a better deal in the off season. Teams are pushing to win the Stanley Cup, the addition of Kes is HUGE. If Kesler is still here when the clock hits noon, I'm gonna flip some bricks.\

if an i say if they make which is not likely this yr or next im not watching them play owners can keep their 6 million dough. we need multiple parts to stop this bleeding an no sign of help anywhere in farm or jr s or the draft ,time to be bold MG go big or go home

Archived