The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

There is no pressure on Gillis to trade Kesler today!

Either Gillis gets the package he wants for him, or he tells the teams to pound sand!

And then what? We wait til the draft where his value will most certainly be lower?

Then wait for him to get disgruntled. Another Luongo situation would be great. Then sell him for a lot less than what we could get today or just wait til he becomes a ufa and lose him in free agency. This team appears to be going nowhere fast. If MG has approval to trade him the best move has got to be today in my opinion.

And then what? We wait til the draft where his value will most certainly be lower?

Then wait for him to get disgruntled. Another Luongo situation would be great. Then sell him for a lot less than what we could get today or just wait til he becomes a ufa and lose him in free agency. This team appears to be going nowhere fast. If MG has approval to trade him the best move has got to be today in my opinion.

Exactly. +1

You've got to think/hope that Gillis learned from his mistakes. I don't get the argument that a player's value increases at the draft. I also don't believe that the number of trade partners would increase at the draft since Kesler has a NTC and would dictate being traded only to contenders. All contenders would be interested in adding Kesler at the deadline.

Im beginning to think that Aquaman is running this team an MG is just a puppet.

>> There is a growing suspicion within the Penguins that Gillis may not be authorized by Vancouver ownership to move Kesler. That seems to be a new development on Wednesday.

>> The Penguins do not think for a minute that the Flyers, as had been reported by some national outlets, are out of the running for Kesler. They expect a strong push, perhaps in the final hours before the deadline. @Rob Rossi

The first line of your statement is correct. Aqua man is the one calling the shots

There is no pressure on Gillis to trade Kesler today!

Either Gillis gets the package he wants for him, or he tells the teams to pound sand!

Agree with this. Treat it like a freekin summer picnic, get a nice hillside-view, & crack a bottle of cabernet. Upper hand, let's relax here & simply deal if it makes SENSE.

Yeah his waiting crap has done nothing for us.

I think the majority of fans will be apathetic next year unless gillis is gone or the roster is dramatically different.

Might as well get a headstart.

This team needs offensive help

Pouliot is a great prospect D-Man,but we will need Offence

I don't think we should trade our best player for an inferior package.

If Kesler is disgruntled then he would surely expand his list of teams he would go to

creating a huge bidding war at Draft day

Do you really feel that Sutter, 3 prospect D-men and a 25th overall pick

is good value for Kesler???

Shero can eat my shorts!

Guest Dasein

Anything less than Sutter + Pouliot + 1st is an utter failure.

PIT traded J Staal to CAR for Sutter + 8th overall (Pouliot) + Dumoulin.

PIT offered Vancouver Sutter + 1st round pick (presumably in the 20-30 range) + Dumoulin/Depres

It is offensive that Shero is offering essentially what is a lesser package than what he received for J Staal in his attempt to get Kesler. PIT offer needs to be at least Sutter + Pouliot + 1st round pick and it should include another prospect.

This team needs offensive help

Pouliot is a great prospect D-Man,but we will need Offence

I don't think we should trade our best player for an inferior package.

If Kesler is disgruntled then he would surely expand his list of teams he would go to

creating a huge bidding war at Draft day

Do you really feel that Sutter, 3 prospect D-men and a 25th overall pick

is good value for Kesler???

Shero can eat my shorts!

I don't know what the trade is. There are rumors of Schenn and a first from Philli. There are rumors MG doesn't even have authorization to trade him. I do know he's considered the hottest commodity on the market and at the rate were going some assets and our current first could allow us to move up in the draft to a top 5 pick. I dont get to watch a lot of jr so im not going to pretend to know what im talking about but Looking at mock drafts there's some pretty intriguing forwards slotted at in the top 5-10 position based off size and stats.

if Gillis has no balls to pull trigger on Kesler trade today he should be fired ,waiting on the draft day for a play will only net less .This could start the beginning of new regime .One way or another,I still liked the Philly offer an know Pitt is capable of putting more on the table,only a skilled GM can co-opt that out of another who wants to deal. ITS TO BAD THE 2014 DRAFT IS NOT LOADED WITH GOOD CAN'T MISS PLAYERS THERE WOULD NOT BE A BACK LOG JAM IN TRADES THIS AM.COME ON MG KICK START IT OFF

Archived