The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

God awful trades being proposed here. Keep that garbage to the kooky armchair GM forum.

Also, Gillis said yesterday that Edler has been playing through a knee injury which has been slowly getting better. Makes sense why his foot speed seemed to be slower and he was less physical. It's questionable whether Torts should have put him and Garrison on the same line given this but maybe he didn't have much else to work with by the time the injury happened.

Should we term this an excuse, or reason?

Win today, or tomorrow? Buy or sell? If injuries have caught up to our good luck..ah well! Pity, that.

If the prices are high, SELL now. Insert youth, & take that HIGH draft pick. Patience is required, once again.

Kesler is better on the penalty kill then Couturier

Read has 1 less goal then Higgins and 5 less then Kesler

And how many 2way center prospects do we need?

Not according to this article: http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/402290

Yes, Read has 5 less goals than Kesler. That's why I said, he has just as many goals than him, while playing 400 less minutes. Kesler has been force fed minutes by Torts to succeed at every offensive opportunity. Read plays third line minutes and second unit pp.

The more two-way prospects, the merrier. A greater chance of at least one of them to actually succeed.

No way we get Johansen. I can't see Gabby wanting to play for Torts again.

I know it bums me out.

To Philadelphia:

Kesler

Jensen

To Vancouver:

Couturier

Read

Laughton

Hmmm

I donno Read and Laughton are too B grade, and more importantly, not as big as Couturier.

Just rather see what Jensen can do, he's done a 180 and moonwalked into a Power Forward.

TBH I don't even wanna trade Kesler unless it's Voracek and Couturier for Kesler Jensen and Hansen

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Horvat Couturier Voracek

Burrows Gaunce Higgins

Archibald Richardson Santo

Not according to this article: http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/402290

Yes, Read has 5 less goals than Kesler. That's why I said, he has just as many goals than him, while playing 400 less minutes. Kesler has been force fed minutes by Torts to succeed at every offensive opportunity. Read plays third line minutes and second unit pp.

The more two-way prospects, the merrier. A greater chance of at least one of them to actually succeed.

You should of stopped reading after it said Boyle was better then Bergeron

Both Horvat and Gaunce at our last camp looked like they could of made the team but it was decided both would have at least 1 more year in junior(Horvat still eligible next year Gaunce is not)We also have Cassels that looks like in a few years will make a good push so still don't see the need in more and while Couturier be great im far from comfortable with him "spoon fed" 2nd line min out of need

Kesler is still a top 2way forward in the league plays well in both ends while Couturier is behind Giroux, Lecavalier, and B.Schenn on the center depth chart in Philli so he does not need to play the min

Read is a 3rd liner...He would be an upgrade on Hansen except without the pk skills...Do not see the desire

he is NOT the heart and soul of this team .. he's a great player but dont get mixed up .. this guy is not loved in the room ..

A lot of players have not been universally loved in the room .Messier,Esposito,Roy..It's not a popularity contest..It's about being a winner..I garuntee there's not a single team in the NHL who wouldn't like to have a Ryan Kesler in their lineup.

Not according to this article: http://beta.thescore..nhl/news/402290

Isn't that the same articleyou were blasting because you didn't think Kesler was worthy of being #2? Lol but now it's good to support your theory?

You wouldn't want one of the best penalty killers (at the age of 20, no less), who has offensive upside AND a guy who has just as many goals as Kesler, who plays third line minutes?

Oh and you get their top prospect.

Over valuing those players heavily.

Isn't that the same articleyou were blasting because you didn't think Kesler was worthy of being #2? Lol but now it's good to support your theory?

He hates Kesler. I'd wouldn't take his opinion on Kes seriously.

On topic, and sort of a hypothetical, if we finished 2nd last and were in position to draft Ekblad, who would be in favour of trading Kesler to Columbus for a package including Ryan Murray? Or a young stud defenceman like Murray?

I didn't blast that article, I just said how can Kesler be one of the top penalty killers in the league when he plays (blank) minutes short-handed.

If anything, that article "proves" my theory of Couturier being one of the best pk'er, because he's 2nd amongst forwards in total short-handed time.

He hates Kesler. I'd wouldn't take his opinion on Kes seriously.

On topic, and sort of a hypothetical, if we finished 2nd last and were in position to draft Ekblad, who would be in favour of trading Kesler to Columbus for a package including Ryan Murray? Or a young stud defenceman like Murray?

Not counting trading up only way we get a top 2 pick is if win the if draft lottery and pick 1st...I would rather Reinhart tbh im not to concerned about having a "A+" defence prospect...And Im also not in a position to overpay for a player not on the market

Over valuing those players heavily.

Or the majority of CDC is over-valuing our players.

And this post pretty sums it up:

I don't think Kesler is going to net quite the return Richards netted. Richards didnt have the consistent injury problems Kesler has had during his career and Richards was traded when he was 26. Kesler is going to be 30 this year and if often injured. I can honestly see him netting something like a solid young player, a very good prospect, and perhaps a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A top prospect and a 1st may be much to ask but who knows.

To add to that, Richards was a 70-80 point player and a two time 30 goals scorer, when he was traded.

Try to snag Zibanejad. He is only 20, which is great for the youth movement and he can put up 40 points a season. Give him a few years, he can put up 50-60+. Right handed, so he can play either 3c or RW. He would probably do well anywhere in the top 9 as well. He could be that winger we need to help Kes. I would assume Ottawa regards him very likely But I think Edler should be able to get it done. Maybe even bring us something back. If not, I'm good with that. It's a trade that helps both teams. The pairing of Edler Karlsson could be too good too pass up. Zibanejad's power forward abilities aren't bad either and could work well with both sedins or the second line.

Archived