The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Luongo sitting out again because he's in play?

VegasCanuck

Honestly, I hope he has a pending trade. Otherwise this is just insulting. Lack may have played well but the only excuse to play him would be if his last game was a blowout or shutout.

I know we need points and the coaches play who is playing well..

But Lu had an Olympic shutout and if him and Lack swapped starting roles, he'd have the better numbers.

If he isn't traded he will be a waste of a buyout, because we will be stuck having to retain $$ to dump Booth.

Why doesn't Lu just play better than the other goalie?

Problem solved...

Why does it always have to be broken down so deep. He is the one who asked for a trade to start this mess. So what if he lost his spot?

Play better than the other goalie and win it back....simple. End thread.

True enough but it seems to me that you have to get in the odd game here and there for this theory to work.

I can't see how this doesn't raise suspicions through the roof that Luongo is part of a deal that is in the works. That is the only explanation for this.

Exactly, Gillis isn't a complete moron. He has to have some form of intelligence to get the position he occupies. You do a franchise goalie wrong you do everything to make sure you make it right. If there was no trade in the works then MG would step in and have Torts start Lu.

I wanted Edler traded and now two players I don't want to lose look like they may be out the door. I don't want to start freaking out but I see the beginning of dark times :(

Why doesn't Lu just play better than the other goalie?

Problem solved...

Why does it always have to be broken down so deep. He is the one who asked for a trade to start this mess. So what if he lost his spot?

Play better than the other goalie and win it back....simple. End thread.

You make it sound like Lu's play has been so bad. Have you already forgotten the awesome December the Canucks had when Luongo played most of the games? Up until just before the 7 game losing streak his save % was .924, well above Lack's and even Carey Price's. And as you know, injuries took its toll and both Lu and Lack had to play with an error prone minor league defense in front of them. Lack came in and played well when Lu was injured. But now that Lu's healthy and rested post-Olympics, he should be given the opportunity to play again. It's not like he played himself out of his starter job.

True enough but it seems to me that you have to get in the odd game here and there for this theory to work.

Exactly.

People need to stop crying and face the facts.

Luongo has got outplayed by Schneider and now Lack and both coaches thought so and most fans with half a brain can see that too.

Luongo has nobody to blame for this but himself letting these great skilled goalies take his job.

Luongo has grown a lot from the cry baby excuse making soft goalie he was in the past and he now seems like a really great guy but it's all about winning and making the playoffs now and you put the goalie in that gives you the best chance and that's Lack.

Good on Torts for making this ballsy move and good on MG if he can get something valuable before the trade deadline for Luongo.

Hear, hear. Let the guy move on to greener pastures. We're getting younger here.

Somebody cue up Bing Crosby/Bob Hope's 'Thanks For The Memories'.

Anyone suggesting that Lou hasn't played well enough this year to keep his role as the starter is on crack. Lack has played very well but Lou has as well folks and again this is coming from someone who wanted to keep Schnieds.

The only logical reason is they are close to a trade. If not MG is beyond stupid given all the drama around this team. Its one game folks, if it prevents all this media mess from recurring by starting Lou (even if HE WASNT PLAYING WELL), you'd do it...the team doesn't need more distractions after Hodgson, Lou, Kesler, then back to Lou...

So again, if this isn't a trade I'll punch MG in the fat face myself....simply because stupid people deserved to be punched in the face

this team is the biggest joke in the league, top to bottom. worse than the oilers, worse than the flames, worse than the leafs, worse than buffalo or phoenix or any other terrible or dysfunctional organization.

gillis is scorching the earth before he bails.

Maybe you guys are looking at this backwards...maybe Gillis is showcasing Lack? Young goalie....great cap hit...showing lots of potential. Maybe a Kesler and Lack swap?

Distinct possibility but I hope not. Lu is a good goalie, likely top 15 in the league still but he is 35!! MG got lucky with Lack picking up where Schnieds left off, not likely he will strike it that lucky again.

Distinct possibility but I hope not. Lu is a good goalie, likely top 15 in the league still but he is 35!! MG got lucky with Lack picking up where Schnieds left off, not likely he will strike it that lucky again.

Yeah I agree, and I'm not sure if Lack is ready to be a full time starter. Guess we'll see on Wednesday....or maybe even sooner ;)

this team is the biggest joke in the league, top to bottom. worse than the oilers, worse than the flames, worse than the leafs, worse than buffalo or phoenix or any other terrible or dysfunctional organization.

gillis is scorching the earth before he bails.

holy over exaggeration batman

boo freaking hoo Luongo doesn't get the start

Archived