The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes, March 4

goalie13

One of the worst games i've seen the canucks play in a few years. No urgency, no heart; nothing. They're playing like they're down 5-0. Put your f**king heart into it, c'mon man, this is crazy!

I just don't think Torts is the right coach for this team and definitely not for a re-building team. He has killed ALL our offence with his shot-blocking and defensive minded systems!

You just don't get.

Let me guess - you're single and can't figure that out neither?

Luongo sold his place because HE WAS TOLD SCHNEIDER IS THE NUMBER 1 AND THE CANUCKS WERE GOING TO TRADE HIM!

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you people???

I don't even know what the 'single' thing has to do with anything

You're only addressing one thing. Luongo wanted out. PERIOD. Everyone said it today. I don't care if he wanted out before or after Schneider. The point is Schneider WANTED TO STAY and was willing to outperform Luongo the whole way. He was sad to go. He said he wanted to stay. But Luongo..

Remember how sad he was when he was traded here? He sounded miserable. Remember how sad he sounded today? Oh yeah. Not very sad at all. In fact, he said he's happy.

His family never lived here. He never spent his time here. He wanted to stay to honour his contract, not because he wanted to play for this ridiculous organization. He called this team his ex wife. Said he's over us. Stayed out of decency. Nothing more. He wanted out.

So this is why Tortorella called up Archibald? To have a few more blocked shots and get a couple more hits? For what? To lose 2-0? (with an EN at the end of the game... guaranteed)

Seriously I can't read any urgency or emotions from any of the Canuck players. Their hearts and minds are simply not there. Poor Eddie is the only one who is keeping them in the game.

What a great system you have there coach. You've done an extraordinary thing to my beloved team that even Chicago and Boston couldn't do -- turning the entire team into a bunch of shot-blocking human shields who forgot how to score. The team's play is far beyond a pathetic nonsense.

To the uneducated this is similar to AV taking over 7 years ago when no one thought we'd make the playoffs. Anyone who had hopes for this team doesn't have enough experience or was blinded by something but the writing was on the wall.

Blaming Torts for this pathetic team of great individuals is shortsighted.

I think the Canucks "pass to nobody" way too much. It just wastes possession when they do that. Sure they hound the puck carrier, but isn't it just easier to have the puck to begin with and create chances through crisp passes as opposed to throwing it somewhere and hoping one of the guys can get there?

Archived